U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-13-2012, 01:56 PM

33 posts, read 41,392 times
Default Great appeal hearing story for everyone!! NJ

So after waiting since February and many messages with my volunteer lawyer on here Chyvan, I finally had my telephone hearing today. Prior to working at my last company full-time (who the issue was with) I worked for a temp agency before being brought on full-time by the previously mentioned company. I've spent the last few months worrying about this day. I get on the phone and my interview was with the temp agency not the company I worked full-time for. I wanted to bust out laughing but the examiner admitted the state messed up and just went on with the interview. I nailed all the questions and when the temp agency mentioned the only thing he could think of is I didn't notify them before being brought on full-time I dropped the name of the guy I used to keep in touch with over there and told him I let him know I was brought on full-time. They admitted they had shotty ways of keeping records back then.

The moral of the story, you never know what you're going to get in these appeals hearing. Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Yes, I still haven't received the final decision but I don't see how it can't go my way. And, if Chyvan suggests something to you... LISTEN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment