U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-21-2012, 04:47 PM

21 posts, read 28,373 times

Advertisements

Pls help if anyone has been on my shoes...

I started collecting back in Feb 2010 till Dec 2011
My claim was supposed to expire Feb 2012
Started working Dec 2011 I got laid off again July 2012
Just collected 3 months approx 14 weeks and I just received a letter stating the following

Notice of exhausted unemployment benefits

During this historic recession, the federal government has approved an unprecedented amount of unemployment benefits available. According to our recods, you have now collected all of unemployment benefits currently available.

Unemployed workeds who have collected all benefits available to them do not have any further payable weeks to claim.

I also received the same day the claim continued form BUT blank ... All it says

You have received all benefits payable on your claim. You may qualify for extended benefits . If you qualify , the claim will automatically be filled. No action is needed in your part. You will be notified by mail of your eligibility

I'm confussed since I received both and scared if the first letter I mention is that they are notifying me that I won't be collecting anymore????

I tried calling all morning and no answer anyone that has gone through similar pls help.... Im so stressed looked everywhere even McDonalds but now days they only.hire u if u got connections if someone helps u get the job...
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 05:01 PM

1,923 posts, read 1,655,767 times
I think you should qualify. Most people are eligible for around a year. You could just go to the office to find out.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:26 PM

14,384 posts, read 19,182,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
I think you should qualify. Most people are eligible for around a year.
EUC benefits are prorated based on the original monetary determination of the claim and other factors - see below. OP has a small claim. Any EUC, if eligible, will be about another 14 weeks - 7 weeks on Tier 2, 3-4 weeks on Tier 3, and 4 weeks on Tier 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr137 View Post
I started collecting back in Feb 2010 till Dec 2011
My claim was supposed to expire Feb 2012
Started working Dec 2011 I got laid off again July 2012
Just collected 3 months approx 14 weeks and I just received a letter stating the following

Notice of exhausted unemployment benefits

During this historic recession, the federal government has approved an unprecedented amount of unemployment benefits available. According to our recods, you have now collected all of unemployment benefits currently available.

Unemployed workeds who have collected all benefits available to them do not have any further payable weeks to claim.

I also received the same day the claim continued form BUT blank ... All it says

You have received all benefits payable on your claim. You may qualify for extended benefits . If you qualify , the claim will automatically be filled. No action is needed in your part. You will be notified by mail of your eligibility
I notice from earlier posts, you are in CA.

You have exhausted your state benefits on the July claim. CA will now transition you to EUC Tier 1 if your claim qualifies, provided the total base-year earnings used to establish that claim are equal to 40x your weekly benefit, or are 1.5x high quarter earnings used for that claim. If you qualify, you will receive extended benefits, on a prorated basis.

Get out your monetary determination letter for the 2012 claim.
  1. What is your total monetary determination?
  2. What is your weekly benefit?
  3. What does that letter list as earnings by quarter?
We can determine from that if you will be receiving federal EUC benefits and for how long.

Also, if you collected benefits from 2/10-12/11, you have collected all 99 weeks' benefits available under that 2010 claim. There are no benefits left on the earlier 2010 claim.

Also, read FAQS, post 6. For now, all federal benefits end December 29, 2012.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 09-21-2012 at 05:56 PM..

Old 09-21-2012, 06:35 PM

21 posts, read 28,373 times
Thanxs to both I appreciate ur reply

I been looking for the moneteray determination letter and can't find it... I guess I'm screwed ill keep looking...

Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM

14,384 posts, read 19,182,015 times
If you can't find it, use the suggestions on the last few pages to call CA, here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...alifornia.html

The rep can answer the questions I asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment