U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 AM

9 posts, read 21,093 times

Advertisements

I finally received a Determination of Benefit Entitlement letter from UIA today. I am entitled to 10 weeks of benefits. My tier 3 benefits ended with last week payable on August 11, 2012. I was under the 26 weeks eligibility. To eveyone in Michigan who received the Notice To Unemployment Workers Regarding Eligibility for Emergency Unemploymet Compensation (EUC) TIER 4 letter and has not received any additional information, I wish you will. God Bless everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 09:28 AM

7 posts, read 19,036 times
Post michigan tier 4 update and questions

I got my State of Michigan determination letter dated 10/16/2012 stating as of 10/7/2012 I became eliglble for 10 weeks of tier 4EUC.

My last week of tier 3 tier was the week immediately before (9/30 - 10/6).
I received confirmation of payment for only that one week when I logged into 'Marvin' on Monday 10/15 - my regular biweekly claim date for weeks 9/30 - 10/6 and 10/7 - 10/13, after submitting my biweekly job search for those two weeks.

I was expecting that I'd be paid for BOTH weeks together ( last week of tier 3 and first week of tier 4) since that's how I've always claimed / received my benefit, especially since the State was confirming that there was no time lag between my getting tiers 3 & 4 - at least not on paper!

What's really strange is that I've used the online communication system to send two requests since, on 10/15 and 10 / 17; for info / explanation of why no tier 4 payment was made for week 10/7 -10/13, as well as when I could expect to get it.

No reply back - really strange since I've always heard back ( email) from them in 24 hrs.
It's now been 4 days, when I check back into the system both my questions still show 'pending' reply status - frustrating - but I'm very very grateful nonetheless!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:27 AM

14,382 posts, read 19,160,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnflower View Post
My last week of tier 3 tier was the week immediately before (9/30 - 10/6).
I received confirmation of payment for only that one week when I logged into 'Marvin' on Monday 10/15 - my regular biweekly claim date for weeks 9/30 - 10/6 and 10/7 - 10/13, after submitting my biweekly job search for those two weeks.

I was expecting that I'd be paid for BOTH weeks together ( last week of tier 3 and first week of tier 4) since that's how I've always claimed / received my benefit, especially since the State was confirming that there was no time lag between my getting tiers 3 & 4 - at least not on paper!
There may several issues, here, typical for everyone.

First, the states, with the exception of Illinois, will not commingle two tiers in the same claim period. So, MI should be setting up a separate biweekly claim schedule for Tier 4. I suspect you will not be receiving any monies for the week ending 10/13 until next week, earliest, when you claim week ending 10/20. Both those weeks will probably be paid in the same biweekly claim period.

Second, before MI can transition you to Tier 4, under EUC regs it must do another monetary determination for a possible new state claim. If there are no eligible earnings to support a new state claim, MI will then begin to pay you Tier 4. This process usually takes a few days after your exhaust Tier 3 and claim Tier 4.

Third, with the reestablishment of Tier 4, new tier monetary determination and 10/13 being the first week you could actually claim on Tier 4, Michigan's computers may not be up to speed as yet. Whenever a state triggers off a tier, it does take a period of time get the program up and running again. Which is probably why Michigan is not responding to your emails. It may not have answers, yet.

Let us know when you finally get paid. I suspect it will be next week, although it could very well be longer depending on how long it takes Michigan to get up to speed. Remember, they are not only dealing with current Tier 3 exhaustees, they are also having to notify and set up their computers for anyone who had exhausted Tier 3 while Michigan was triggered off Tier 4.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:13 PM

Post michigan tier 4 update and questions (con't)

Thanks again Ariadne, I've still not heard back from the State since making inquiries 4 days ago so your detailed explanation really helps relieve my mind!

Since the online system won't allow me to recertify again until Monday 10/29 after I submit my work searches for weeks 10/15-10/20 & 10/22-10/27, 'guess I'll just have to wait until then to see whether /when they'll pay me for all three weeks.

In the meantime I'll keep checking MARVIN online for my benefits paid / remaining status to see if they've updated any info to reflect movement to tier 4.
Right now it's still showing my benefits-paid-status only up to 10/1/12 - even though they've already paid me this week for 9/30-10/7, my last week of tier 3.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 PM

Default Update on Michigan EUC Tier 4

Quote:
Thanks again Ariadne, I've still not heard back from the State since making inquiries 4 days ago so your detailed explanation really helps relieve my mind!

Since the online system won't allow me to recertify again until Monday 10/29 after I submit my work searches for weeks 10/15-10/20 & 10/22-10/27, 'guess I'll just have to wait until then to see whether /when they'll pay me for all three weeks.

In the meantime I'll keep checking MARVIN online for my benefits paid / remaining status to see if they've updated any info to reflect movement to tier 4.
Right now it's still showing my benefits-paid-status only up to 10/1/12 - even though they've already paid me this week for 9/30-10/7, my last week of tier 3.
I sent UIA an e-mail on 10/12/2012 and received a reply today, 10/18/2012. Allowing two days because of the weekend, the response time was 4 days. You should receive an e-mail telling you to check your UIA online account. Michigan is a little slow. Hang in there and god bless.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:59 AM

Thanks for the update dreeves - I'm checking my email for State notifications 2-3 times a day - reassuring to hear that other Michiganders have experienced the same frustrations!

Anyway - yaay Tigers! BLESS YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 03:37 PM

Finally heard back this afternoon from the MI.UEA re: my questions from 4 days ago.
(dreeves2 -you were right on the money time wise regarding how long it took to get answers back - guess they must be really slammed).

No answers / explanations from them to my questions about tier 4, but ...

They released my 10/13 payment today - which is the 1st week of tier 4 for me - should be in my bank acct. by Monday!

Old 10-21-2012, 09:15 AM

Default Update on Michigan EUC Tier 4

Quote:
Finally heard back this afternoon from the MI.UEA re: my questions from 4 days ago.
(dreeves2 -you were right on the money time wise regarding how long it took to get answers back - guess they must be really slammed).

No answers / explanations from them to my questions about tier 4, but ...

They released my 10/13 payment today - which is the 1st week of tier 4 for me - should be in my bank acct. by Monday!

What questions did you send UIA about Tier 4?

Old 10-21-2012, 12:47 PM

14,382 posts, read 19,160,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreeves2 View Post
What questions did you send UIA about Tier 4?
Per her first post, this:
Quote:
What's really strange is that I've used the online communication system to send two requests since, on 10/15 and 10 / 17; for info / explanation of why no tier 4 payment was made for week 10/7 -10/13, as well as when I could expect to get it.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Per her first post, this:
dbnflower

Ok, the letter that UIA sent me, said that Marvin Tier 4 certification will start the week of 10/21/2012 and to call on your appointment date. I check my UIA online account today 10/22/2012 and it shows that I am entitled to 10 weeks. UIA only updates it system once a week. If you check your UIA online account go to payment history you will find the weeks remaining that you will be paid. Hope this information helps. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment