U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 11-11-2012, 12:22 PM
 
2 posts, read 7,458 times
Reputation: 11
Default EUC and New Claim in NJ

I have a question and I am trying to stay calm. I went online today to claim my biweekly NJ unemployment benefits. I have just recently moved into my first EUC (tier 1) and today I get a message on the site that says I may be eligible for a new claim as of today. I knew my renewal was 11/11 but it will not let me collect my euc for the last two weeks. Claims run Sunday thru Saturday so I should be eligible to receive them. Anyway it told me to file a new claim online today which I did and I am sure I have enough credits for new claim. My question is will I lose those last two weeks of pay??? I'm really scared right now because without that I will not be able to pay the mortgage this month. Anyone have any thoughts cause I am freaking out right now and unemployment will be closed tomorrow due Veteran's Day. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-11-2012, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
13,126 posts, read 16,010,948 times
Reputation: 5998
You won't lose those two weeks, but there might be a delay in payment.

You need to call NJ. If you are currently collecting EUC, normally to continue those benefits you need to call and SPEAK to a representative in order to recertify those benefits. In NJ, filing a new claim online complicates the bye (benefit year end) process. However, Hurricane Sandy may have changed their normal recertification process.

https://njsuccess.dol.state.nj.us/html/uimain.html

If you haven't worked this past year, your EUC benefits will continue. If NJ finds eligibility for a new claim, your new benefits should continue uninterrupted. I do not believe NJ has a waiting week.

However, in either case - same claim/new claim - there might be delay of a week or so before NJ can pay you again. It will, however, pay retroactively if there is a delay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:02 PM
 
2 posts, read 7,458 times
Reputation: 11
Oh thank you so much for the answer! I did file a claim online today as it directed me to but hopefully when I go down on Tuesday the can correct that. You put my mind at ease and that means so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 07:24 PM
 
1 posts, read 3,712 times
Reputation: 10
Default benefit year expired

I had just entered on tier 2 NJ EUC and currently on the third bi-weekly claim, as usual on Sunday is the day i file EUC and I was shocked to received reply from [url]WWW.NJUIFILE.NET[/url] that the benefit year on your unemployment claim dated 11/13/2011 has expired. No Unemployment benefit are available to you at this time. If you returned to work since filing this claim, you may be eligible to file for a new claim. You may file a new claim at [url=http://www.njifile.net]njifile.net[/url]. OR you may call your Reemployment call center during regular business hours.

I couldn't find job since filing this claim. I was just approved for Tier 2 so I'm very confused as to what to do next. What should i do ? What is my option ?

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
13,126 posts, read 16,010,948 times
Reputation: 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckw93 View Post
I had just entered on tier 2 NJ EUC and currently on the third bi-weekly claim, as usual on Sunday is the day i file EUC and I was shocked to received reply from WWW.NJUIFILE.NET that the benefit year on your unemployment claim dated 11/13/2011 has expired. No Unemployment benefit are available to you at this time. If you returned to work since filing this claim, you may be eligible to file for a new claim. You may file a new claim at njifile.net. OR you may call your Reemployment call center during regular business hours.

What should i do ? What is my option ?
REad Posts 1 and 2 of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
You need to call NJ. If you are currently collecting EUC, normally to continue those benefits you need to call and SPEAK to a representative in order to recertify those benefits.

If you haven't worked this past year, your EUC benefits will continue. If NJ finds eligibility for a new claim, your new benefits should continue uninterrupted.
Also, FAQS is a sticky for a reason:
Quote:
8. I've been collecting for a year and am on Tier 2. My claim expires next week. What happens now?

Some states automatically perform the recertification process as long as you continue to file weekly or biweekly claims. In most states, you will need to telephone your state to RECERTIFY your claim. Your state will do a monetary reevaluation for a new claim. If you have not had eligible earnings during your past benefit year, your "application for a new claim" will be denied, your old claim reopened and you continue to receive benefits on that claim. You may receive confusing correspondence at this time, especially in Illinois. Be sure to telephone your state if this happens - and keep claiming if the system allows.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/22370378-post2.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 AM
 
2 posts, read 7,214 times
Reputation: 10
Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me understand this better. I'm very worried because my home was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy and I lost all my furniture, clothing, shoes and unable to stay in my home until it is repaired. I haven't been able to look for work since the devastation regarding the Hurricane.

I'm currently collecting EUC benefits, bi-weekly claim, as usual on Sunday. I received a reply from WWW.NJUIFILE.NET that, "The benefit year on your unemployment claim dated 11/13/2011 has expired. No Unemployment benefit are available to you at this time. If you returned to work since filing this claim, you may be eligible to file for a new claim. You may file a new claim at www.njifile.net]njifile.net. OR you may call your Reemployment call center during regular business hours."

I'm so confused and beyond upset. I don't know what to do!
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 AM
 
2 posts, read 4,326 times
Reputation: 10
Iabella76, I would go ahead a file a new claim today as the message told you. Also, start trying to call tomorrow, although it may be difficult to get through. I was told this is standard operating procedure when your benefit year ends. This is what happened for me. I thought I had 2 weeks left and wanted to see if I would get that. When I called I was told I was eligible for more tiers (don't remember number of weeks.) Don't panic yet.
I found it was easiest to call from my cell. I dialed and put the phone on speaker and carried it around until someone answered. Be aware it can take hours. You are not alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
13,126 posts, read 16,010,948 times
Reputation: 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by labella76 View Post
I'm currently collecting EUC benefits, bi-weekly claim, as usual on Sunday. I received a reply from WWW.NJUIFILE.NET that, "The benefit year on your unemployment claim dated 11/13/2011 has expired. No Unemployment benefit are available to you at this time. If you returned to work since filing this claim, you may be eligible to file for a new claim. You may file a new claim at www.njifile.net]njifile.net. OR you may call your Reemployment call center during regular business hours."
You need to recertify your claim in order to continue on EUC. Per FAQS:
Quote:
8. I've been collecting for a year and am on Tier 2. My claim expires next week. What happens now?

Some states automatically perform the recertification process as long as you continue to file weekly or biweekly claims. In most states, you will need to telephone your state to RECERTIFY your claim. Your state will do a monetary reevaluation for a new claim. If you have not had eligible earnings during your past benefit year, your "application for a new claim" will be denied, your old claim reopened and you continue to receive benefits on that claim. You may receive confusing correspondence at this time, especially in Illinois. Be sure to telephone your state if this happens - and keep claiming if the system allows.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/22370378-post2.html
In NJ, you MUST speak with a rep. Keep calling or, if you prefer, you can visit a local office, which has phone banks you use to connect to a rep.

Department of Labor and Workforce Development | One-Stop Career Centers

There should be no problem continuing your claim's EUC benefits. Ignore the comment on not working this past year. It is irrelevant in your situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 04:49 PM
 
234 posts, read 290,526 times
Reputation: 39
call first thing in the morning. i mean the second they open the phone lines than you won't wait to long to speak with a person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 PM
 
2 posts, read 7,214 times
Reputation: 10
Thank you all for the response! I so appreciate your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top