Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 PM

9 posts, read 15,316 times

Advertisements

Im from MS and still haven't recieved any payments or info regarding my EUC. Does anyone have any updated info on this?? i have tried contacting unempl office several times with no results they put u on hold for an hour and then simply hang up after the wait. i continue to file weekly as usual and the past two weeks show insufficient wage claim on the status... one of my ex-coworkers finally got through to the dept. friday and was told they had to force the extension on claims individually and his claim was passed on to the IT dept. wen he asked any idea how long the wait would be she said she had no idea it could be anywhere from a week to a month. i just dont understand how they can do people in already tough situations like that. there is absolutely no info on state website about any delay just simply says euc 08 has been extended by congress. i know state workers have their hands full but just a simple post would relieve so many, but like always we are left in the dark in this mudhole they call MS seems we're last in everything. if anyone has and info please reply thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,466,951 times
Complain to your state representatives. If each EUC request needs to be manually implemented through an IT person, and you cannot get through on the phones, probably 50% of MS EUC people will never get paid.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 PM

thanks for the dm info ariadne.. i know it seems that nobody from MS has any idea what is going on, but i will go through the steps once again tomorrow.. i will keep u posted

Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 AM

3 posts, read 5,122 times
I too have been going through the same waiting game in MS. I have been told the same thing about IT problems & no timeline. It is very scary not knowing if & when the funds will be released. Please keep me posted if & when you receive any new updates! Thx!

Old 01-17-2013, 04:20 PM

i FINALLY got through to a rep a few min ago and was told the same as u kj1979. the lady said that they were in the middle of updating the system prior to the extension cutoff and now that it has been reinstated it has everything behind. when i asked how long it couldd be she just said when they get everything back up and there are alot of us in the same situation and we will be back payed, which doesnt help me at all knowing all my bills are overdue. pretty much just typical MS incompetence. if i find anything new or get paid ill definetly keep everyone updated..

Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 PM

Thanks for that update. Let us know when you finally get paid.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 AM

I was wandering if anyone has been paid yet from unemployment? I am still waiting, but I can no longer file my claims because the system is telling me no pending claims to be paid... Anyone else having this problem? Thx!

Old 01-22-2013, 03:26 PM

kj1979 i still haven't been paid either but iv still been able to file my weekly cert. i dont understand what is really goin on either seems were the only state that hasnt released EUC claims. i have till thurs. and my lights are cut off been three weeks now.. maybe we should try calling again idk if it would help at all though. if anyone has any updated info please reply..

Old 01-22-2013, 04:07 PM

Most states are back up and running on EUC, although some states have required you call to get benefits going, again. There have been delays here and there, but nothing like the black hole you guys are experiencing.

Really, both of you MUST email and call your state representatives - and Congressional Senators/Representatives. Tell them you will have your utilties cut off, etc. Unemployment benefits were extended to prevent just this type of thing.

It is now three weeks since legislation was passed. There is no excuse for this level of technological incompetence. Maybe MS should send its IT people to CA to learn how it's done.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 AM

@NOPAINELANE I just contacted the state representative's office & seem to be making progress now. So, a big thanks to Ariadne22 for all your helpful information! They stated that if your having a problem with your lights being turned off, that you can contact the public service commission and they will assist you in having them kept, due to unemployment delay (I assume). He got all my information and said he would make a call to the lead IT contact person for the state, to try to get this situation resolved asap. So, I should be expecting a call back in the next 24 hours. I will keep you updated on progress... Again thank ya'll so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment