Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 AM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polniere View Post
With the 50% discount, that would mean your chicken biscuit was only $1 on the menu. I think I am missing something, because at my store, chicken biscuits are like $3.00.

I agree that it's a little ridiculous to fire you over something like that (assuming it wasn't a repeat offense). I've definitely learned to pay for my meal before I eat it. I don't think they understand that, when you are on MTO non-stop for 4+ hours during the wee hours of the morning, sometimes you order food, it's made while you are still working, and sits back on the break table for an hour before you actually have a chance to eat/pay for it. Of course there is going to be a time when you are so hungry and exhausted that you forget to pay right away.

-SheetzSupervisor
And, if you get caught, of course you will be terminated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 07:16 AM

164 posts, read 267,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
But shouldn't be. I was a manager (until I got promoted) and we had the discretion to allow employees to consume small items and list it as store use. This was not stealing or cheating. This was at the discretion of the manager. People stop needing to be so by the book. It's pathetic.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Try looking up the phrase "dodging the question" or perhaps the word "evasive".
Excellent point, buddy! I wish I could give you more positive reputation but it only let's me give it to you once. Happy Easter MONDAY!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:34 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historic66 View Post
How does that work at sit-down restaurants? Does the waitress bring your check before your food?
As an employee *not* a customer, when I worked at a sit-down restaurant in the past, you paid for your food first. That is standard operating procedure. Customers fall into a different category, nice try though.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-01-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
As an employee *not* a customer, when I worked at a sit-down restaurant in the past, you paid for your food first. That is standard operating procedure. Customers fall into a different category, nice try though.

20yrsinBranson
Try this. I Know an owner of a sit-down diner, and he feeds his employees for free. Why? Because he's a nice guy, not a by-the-books tightwad. His employees Are Happy And they'd do anything for him.
Many Years Ago, also, when I worked in a pizzaria, all employees and their families ate free. We used to have so much extra pizza left At Closing Time, that the owner would give it to us when we went home. When I first started there I asked something about buying pizza, and they owner asked me never to insult him like that again. He said as long as you don't eat in front of, or while serving customers, you can eat anything you want on him. He was one of the nicest guys I ever met. When my family called One Time to get a pizza delivered, I wrote up a ticket, and he tore it up. He Said that my family was his family and they eat free. Man, I miss those Italian-American shops out east. We got only by-the-book chains like Dominos and Pizza Hut out here in ND..yuck. I digress....
By the way, from what Ive heard even idiots making burgers at Burger King get to eat free. So it's all about taking care of your employees....

Old 04-01-2013, 06:47 PM

28 posts, read 55,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polniere View Post
With the 50% discount, that would mean your chicken biscuit was only $1 on the menu. I think I am missing something, because at my store, chicken biscuits are like $3.00.

I agree that it's a little ridiculous to fire you over something like that (assuming it wasn't a repeat offense). I've definitely learned to pay for my meal before I eat it. I don't think they understand that, when you are on MTO non-stop for 4+ hours during the wee hours of the morning, sometimes you order food, it's made while you are still working, and sits back on the break table for an hour before you actually have a chance to eat/pay for it. Of course there is going to be a time when you are so hungry and exhausted that you forget to pay right away.

-SheetzSupervisor
NC Sheetz has a 99c promo going on. From what I recollect, that is similar to what happened to me. Except I got sidetracked with a customer.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:08 PM

28 posts, read 55,775 times

Confession of a Sheetz Employee - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
Yeah in your black and white world people like you prompted me to make a video.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:13 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,657,533 times
These holier than thou types are cracking me up. I would be absolutely blown away if even one of them had never ever used fifty-three cents worth of company resources that they weren't expressly authorized to use. I am a site supervisor (highest level present at our location) and if I believe that something was honestly missed, there is zero chance that I'm going to terminate anyone.

With that said, you do have to honestly ask yourself what your relationship with higher ups was. What is the culture there? Is your story really far removed from anything else that has happened?

Old 04-01-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
These holier than thou types are cracking me up. I would be absolutely blown away if even one of them had never ever used fifty-three cents worth of company resources that they weren't expressly authorized to use. I am a site supervisor (highest level present at our location) and if I believe that something was honestly missed, there is zero chance that I'm going to terminate anyone.

With that said, you do have to honestly ask yourself what your relationship with higher ups was. What is the culture there? Is your story really far removed from anything else that has happened?
The culture in retail is that ANY amount of money taken, or merchandise taken, is theft. And employee theft is the highest theft area in a retail establishment. Anyone who works in retail knows this.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerSheetzMgr View Post

Confession of a Sheetz Employee - YouTube

Yeah in your black and white world people like you prompted me to make a video.
Your video and a dollar will get me a chicken biscuit at Sheetz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment