Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 12:26 PM

7 posts, read 45,895 times

Advertisements

The claim was accepted 4 months ago and despite sending EDD a mail on 20-Apr-13 telling them I've still never gotten a check or debit card, a month later they said they never got the said email, but they still didn't respond to the issue I raised about no debit card. So I sent a message on 2-Jun and 7-Jun and still no response. I sent another one earlier today just asking when a debit card will be issued. I've even got paper statements showing me how much money is available, yet no way of accessing it and no response from CA EDD. I ended up having to move out of state for lower cost of living but now I'm almost out of money. What can I do to get a debit card mailed out? Do I need to get an employment lawyer or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 12:56 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,471,152 times
I am responding on your original thread, here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post29247115

Old 08-05-2013, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 28,204 times
I'm in the same boat...the EDD is depositing my UI benefits into the B of A account but they never sent me the EDD Debit Card so I can't withdraw the monies. I've called them numerous times and I keep getting hung up without any resolution. I'm on the verge of getting evicted because of this. And we're running out of food.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straich View Post
I'm in the same boat...the EDD is depositing my UI benefits into the B of A account but they never sent me the EDD Debit Card so I can't withdraw the monies. I've called them numerous times and I keep getting hung up without any resolution. I'm on the verge of getting evicted because of this. And we're running out of food.
Go to an CA One-Stop office, immediately.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:16 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
EDD doesn't send the card, BofA does.

If your card is lost, stolen, or damaged, it can be replaced at no cost to you. To have a replacement card mailed to you, you must contact the Bank of America EDD Debit Card customer service by calling: Bank of America EDD Debit Card Cardholder Services - 1.866.692.9374.

The card was probably lost in the mail. I've called the customer service line with questions a few times, and they're very helpful.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 25,598 times
I apply the Edd a month ago and i got a letter saying how much i will be getting weekly on 11-27-2014. It has been over a month already have not gotten the Debit Card yet. I did call the B OF A but there is Data in the system when i give them my SSN#. EDD website are not helpful and i contact them and get the same result indicate too many caller to handle but i call at 8Am when they open in California. My theory were there were no rep to begin with. I might reapply in 2015 again.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager20k View Post
I apply the Edd a month ago and i got a letter saying how much i will be getting weekly on 11-27-2014. It has been over a month already have not gotten the Debit Card yet. I did call the B OF A but there is Data in the system when i give them my SSN#. EDD website are not helpful and i contact them and get the same result indicate too many caller to handle but i call at 8Am when they open in California. My theory were there were no rep to begin with. I might reapply in 2015 again.
You can't reapply. The system won't take the claim because yours is already in the system.

Further, even though you got a letter, that letter doesn't mean your claim was approved for payment.

Were you sent claim forms? Have you been returning those? Did you set up webcert to claim online? If not, do so. If you haven't been submitting claims either via paper form or webcert, CA can't pay you. Without a debit card attached to the account, CA can't pay you either.

Start dialing early in a.m. Use suggestions on last few pages of this thread to get through.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...alifornia.html

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-30-2014 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment