Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 PM

32 posts, read 72,625 times

Advertisements

So here's an update

I received a NOTICE TO RECEIVE UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE BENEFITS PENDING APPEAL.

And it says:

Your correspondence postmarked/received 08/26/13 regarding a recent decision of the department is acknowledged. The decision has been carefully reviewed and appears to be correct. An appeal has been processed and forwarded to the Inland of office appeals, Telephone number 9099872212.

Then shortly after I received another letter which is:

NOTICE OF REDERTIMATION

this letter says exactly the same thing as my letter of determination...

Any advice?? Or what this means?? Thanks again for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
It means that EDD did not change it's mind. The Appeals office is an independant body that has the authority to override an EDD decision after it conducts a hearing.

What you need to do is start preparing for an appeal hearing.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:08 AM

Oh ok I see, thanks chyvan!!! Do I need to do anything or call them for an appeal hearing??

Old 09-07-2013, 12:42 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
It's already been done. You'll get a hearing packet in the mail with a hearing date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrenseng View Post
An appeal has been processed and forwarded to the Inland of office appeals

Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 AM

Hello all, just a quick update, I have my appeal package and it says my appeal hearing date is this Thursday the 19th coming up.

Just wanted to get any advice on what I should say or if you have anything else for advice on points I should bring out. I have requested pay stubs from my previous employer about a week or so ago and they have keep saying that they will send it but nothing has come yet. Other than that I really don't know what exactly I should bring up as I honestly did not set up my edd ui thing, and I really didn't know what I was doing. Please anything would help.

Also I'm in California and still have not got paid because of the system thing as well. I cannot pay my phonebill or rent so its hard for me to get to a computer or phone and even when I get to a phone I couldn't get connected. I borrowed 20$ from the last friend I can show face to for gas to get to the hearing so I want to try and win this appeal.

Thanks again everyone for helping me and I hope others in similar situations can find help through this thread

Old 09-16-2013, 06:40 AM

109 posts, read 424,227 times
From the phone number you listed it seems you live near me!

If you need help with gas, rent, etc. contact the Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County. They can issue you a gas card for at least $40 as well as bus passes on the spot and can pay one month's rent/mortgage too but that may not be on the spot.
Here is their info. They helped me three years ago.

Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County
696 S. Tippecanoe Ave.
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0610

Main Office: (909) 723-1500
Food Bank: (909) 723-1581
Rental/mortgage, food & homeless assistance: (909) 723-1561
Fax: (909) 723-1509

Emergency Assistance, including Mortgage - Assistance is provided to families and individuals who are experiencing an unexpected crisis situation from CAPSBC. Emergency assistance provided includes one time rent payments, food vouchers, shelter assistance, bus passes, help from medical debt collectors, and more.
Contact the San Bernardino County Community Action Agency at 696 S. Tippecanoe Ave, San Bernardino, CA 92415, and the phone number is 909-723-1500.

As for computer go to your local public library. Tech centers generally open at 10:00 a.m. and computer time is free with a library card. You get two hours. EDD also has computers for public use at any of their centers.

Good Luck!
Carol-Lynn

Old 09-16-2013, 10:59 AM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
I'm in California and still have not got paid because of the system thing as well.
You aren't getting paid because you've been disqualified until week ending October 20, as you said here:
Quote:
you are not eligible to receive benefits under california unemployment insurance code section 1257a beginning 08/18/13 until you have filed a claim for each of 08 weeks in which you are otherwise eligible for benefits.
Count your weeks - first week you could possibly get payment is for week ending October 20th.

Even if you do win your appeal, it will be another two-three weeks after you get the decision at the end of September - and that is in the very unlikely event CA gets their computers working properly and the backlog cleared - before you will get paid. MA with less than 20% of CA's claimants is still in a mess ten weeks after their upgrade - same vendor, same FUBAR system.

In short, you will be without money until end of October, earliest. Best to plan for that. Avail yourself of any and all social assistance in the meantime.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 09-16-2013 at 11:26 AM..

Old 09-16-2013, 02:04 PM

Thanks so much Carolyn for the help!!

At ariadne22, actually for some reason I was receiving at least a partial payment. I also got in the mail a letter asking if I wanted to continue to receive benefits while having my appeal and I signed yes and turned it in. So I thought I was going to still get money if I certify every week. Also online instead of bi weekly, it has been weekly for the last 3 weeks for some reason.

Again I'm so confused With this system

Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 AM

I just called and a miracle. I got through however it was a waste. The guy I got was already angry from the get go, said he received no mail and I need to call the appeals office and they would have received it and clear me to receive benefits. After almost an hour of holding, I got through to them and they told me that rep has no idea what he's talking about and he should have helped me out as they couldn't... Now I can't get through to the edd 8003005616 anymore.. this is a huge nightmare.... I'm clueless who to talk to to get my funds sent through I need my money now... I don't know what to do and am at a loss of words.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:18 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
At ariadne22, actually for some reason I was receiving at least a partial payment. I also got in the mail a letter asking if I wanted to continue to receive benefits while having my appeal and I signed yes and turned it in. So I thought I was going to still get money if I certify every week. Also online instead of bi weekly, it has been weekly for the last 3 weeks for some reason.

Again I'm so confused With this system
Quote:
I need my money now... I don't know what to do and am at a loss of words.
Why do you not understand what the word "disqualified" means? You cannot receive any money until your appeal on this overpayment is decided. CA has informed you that beginning 8/18 you are disqualified from benefits for eight weeks.

You are wasting your time and giving yourself false hope in hanging onto any belief that you are entitled to collect benefits at this time.

You are not getting any money anytime soon from CA until after your appeal hearing - and ONLY if you win. If you lose, you have to serve out those disqualified weeks.

Should you win, it will be another several weeks before CA is in a position to pay you anything, given their current computer mess.

Any current benefits you are claiming now are going to offset the eight disqualified weeks through October 13. This is why CA asked if you wanted to continue to claim while your appeal was pending. KEEP CLAIMING.

You were told all this in the first one or two pages of this thread. Please reread.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 09-17-2013 at 02:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment