U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 11:00 AM

27 posts, read 36,239 times

Advertisements

Blame game. they are all sleeze balls. Never before congress had ever required unemployment to be offset by other cuts. they are using the excuse to repeal this which they truely wish and intend and WILL. or use it hostage to achive other interests they have. These people should be voted down and be replaced .Unfortunatly comes November we will get more of them in Senate tiping the power and then rest assure for some serious blood bath.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:26 AM

17 posts, read 20,700 times
I have to say one thing to all of those ignorant negative commenters that currently have a job and share their resentment about having to pay for the unemployed.... YOU'RE NOT FOOTING THE BILL FOR ANYONE THAT IS UNEMPLOYED AND COLLECTING BENEFITS..... THEY ARE PAYING TAXES STILL ON EVERY PENNY OF BENEFIT THEY RECEIVE. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU BELIEVE, YOU DO NOT CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING TOWARDS THESE PEOPLES PLIGHT UNLESS YOU'RE DONATING DIRECTLY FROM YOUR POCKET- WHICH ITS OBVIOUS YOU'RE NOT THAT TYPE IF YOURE NEGATIVE TOWARDS THE UNEMPLOYED. THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE TAKING $ FROM YOU REGARDLESS OF THIS CRISIS. JUMP ON ANOTHER BANDWAGON THAT DOESNT INSULT FELLOW AMERICANS WITH COMMON SENSE! PLEASE!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:39 AM

17 posts, read 20,700 times
I am not even unemployed but man does it annoy me when people with jobs take the time and energy to extend Negative opinions towards unemployed Americans. Just shut up, unless you're interested in a solution you're part of the problem and no one CARES to hear from you at this stage....keep your focus on how great you think you are, you're envied ok?? Now get lost

Old 01-31-2014, 03:46 PM

6,155 posts, read 16,986,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimanne06 View Post
I am not even unemployed but man does it annoy me when people with jobs take the time and energy to extend Negative opinions towards unemployed Americans. Just shut up, unless you're interested in a solution you're part of the problem and no one CARES to hear from you at this stage....keep your focus on how great you think you are, you're envied ok?? Now get lost
I agree! If I had a dollar for every post I've read that stated something like this "I never thought I'd be in this situation" I could be rich. Never say never, folks! Every single employee can be replaced and one day it will fall on those negative people too! There are still millions of jobs that were lost and have not been replaced; and someone was relying on every single one of them.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:56 PM

48 posts, read 55,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enedesigns View Post
Blame game. they are all sleeze balls. Never before congress had ever required unemployment to be offset by other cuts. they are using the excuse to repeal this which they truely wish and intend and WILL. or use it hostage to achive other interests they have. These people should be voted down and be replaced .Unfortunatly comes November we will get more of them in Senate tiping the power and then rest assure for some serious blood bath.
I read that in 2009, 2011, and 2012, Congress offset UI extensions by including them inside larger bills that included revenues.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:58 PM

48 posts, read 55,126 times
Has anyone seen this article?

The Senate Is Nearing A Deal On Unemployment Insurance And It Shows The Absurdity Of The Republican Position - Business Insider

The writer's viewpoint seems strange to me, but the article has info. that's not available elsewhere.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:16 PM

409 posts, read 430,717 times
Someone said before that it got cleared 7 weeks of problems. Were the problems as annoying as the ones we're facing in the congress now?

Old 01-31-2014, 04:31 PM

111 posts, read 125,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1977 View Post
Has anyone seen this article?

The Senate Is Nearing A Deal On Unemployment Insurance And It Shows The Absurdity Of The Republican Position - Business Insider

The writer's viewpoint seems strange to me, but the article has info. that's not available elsewhere.

That's a pretty good description of how politicians manipulate and generally BS people

Old 01-31-2014, 06:27 PM

132 posts, read 168,143 times
Great News, The vote will be Monday on Feburary 3, 2014
Here's the link and pdf
Senate Calendars, DAILY - Senate Calendars for February 3, 2014 - 113th Congress, 2nd Session
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CCAL-11...2014-02-03.pdf

Old 01-31-2014, 06:34 PM

132 posts, read 168,143 times
I have a great idea! We need to make copy of all our bills and send them to the Congress to pay for ASAP, since they have money to blow and take so many vacations. Let send our bills to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment