U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-01-2014, 12:03 PM

124 posts, read 96,762 times

Advertisements

You have to listen to the radio and not just read the internet, there still such thing as a radio show where our politicians speak on.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:06 PM

CEOs Pledge Help to White House for Long-Term Unemployed - Bloomberg
Nothing is made up.
Read and learn. It not that hard!!

Old 02-01-2014, 12:08 PM

When I stated and posted something here, its FACTS to help the members on this forum.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:11 PM

596 posts, read 414,197 times
I listen to bloomberg radio and I heard Durbin., He said he hoped they bring it up this week but they were 2 votes short and were going to spend the week trying to get the 2 votes. . Your adding your own personal stuff to it. your helping no one. There was not one word from Durbin or anyone about any vote Monday and there is no vote.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 PM

Its not personal stuff, don't put words in my mouth, Durbin was on WVON speaking to the HOST and were taking Calls, You need to listen and learn. Learn to listen to other radio station, Okay!

Old 02-01-2014, 12:35 PM

339 posts, read 194,633 times
I don't think I'll ever feel as scared and hopeless as I did on January 17th when I read the headline "unemployment just failed in the senate.."

At this point, whatever happens happens. I've just really been praying for a miracle for us all at this point. I'm doing very badly but I know there are plenty of folks in this thread in a much worse condition.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:48 PM

596 posts, read 414,197 times
NYCLASSS same here. I have sold everything I could, borrowing all I could and cant even get to an interview at this point as my car has no gas.. its just so bad. I like everyone here don't know what to do.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:16 PM

149 posts, read 109,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dell1972 View Post
The bill will pass now!! The offset have been added, The bill will be pay for. Also the 100 major corporations have made their point yesterday at the White House. The bill will be in effect within 10 days. John Boehner aka drunk head have no choice, if not during his reelection his but will lose his seat.
I don't see us getting a single penny until the beginning of March at the very earliest (and that is if everything goes smoothly which it likely wont). Even if the Senate has their first vote on a new bill first thing Monday (which I don't see happening at this point) it still needs a certain number of hours of debate before a final vote which wouldn't come until the end of next week at the very earliest. Then it goes to the House where if everything goes smoothly (again it probably wont) we are probably looking at about two weeks of debate with a 10 day vacation in the middle. That already puts us at the end of February. Then it has to be signed by the president and processed through every state. It is certainly not going to happen in 10 days. I say a month at least if not longer. It pisses me off seeing the politicians trying to give people false hope for political gain that we will get benefits soon. That simply is not the reality of the situation.

You guys better make plans to get through at least the next month with no unemployment coming in. I am currently sitting here counting the last of my spare change so I have gas money to get to my first day of school on Monday. After that I don't know what I am going to do. Maybe I'll sleep in my car all week so I can save the gas money it would take to get back home every day. The job center is reimbursing me for my gas costs to go to school but I have to come up with the money up front. I had someone lined up to buy one of my hunting rifles (which I really don't want to sell) but that fell through at the last minute. I have nothing else of value to sell at this point. Yesterday I had a phone interview for food stamps and found out they might cut me off because I am enrolled in school (wonder what the twisted logic behind that is). My phone will be shut off on Monday and my internet will probably be shut off soon after (which I am going to need for school). All this political bs from both sides has put many of us in a tough situation. I realize I am in a better situation than some of you because at least I have a roof over my head for the time being and an understanding landlord. I feel really bad for those of you who will be losing your house or be evicted because of this. I feel even worse for those of you who have kids. As I have said before hope for the best and plan for the worst (in this case the worst would be having no extension pass).

Old 02-01-2014, 01:54 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,135,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
NYCLASSS same here. I have sold everything I could, borrowing all I could and cant even get to an interview at this point as my car has no gas.. its just so bad. I like everyone here don't know what to do.
I'm actually doing that now - going through my home looking for things to sell on ebay. I'm not as bad yet as some of you and I wish I had the means to help you guys. I read your posts fearing that will be me in a few weeks. They better get their crap together and get this bill passed ASAP. Most people are living paycheck to paycheck to begin with and then they lose a good portion of their normal income. How can anyone be expected to live on that alone never mind save? I always thought one of the biggest problems with the government in general (there are a few that fight for us) is they have NO concept of ordinary life, struggling to get by. As many of you pointed out already, even if we get this passed by the time we get our money many of us will already be in such dire situations that we won't be able to get out of. Our credit will be ruined, some have lost their homes/apartments, those of you who had phones shut off have no way to even have prospective employers get in touch with you! I really didn't think it would take this long.

When do the January jobs created info come out? I hope it's bad because we all know unemployment is going to be 5% since all of us were cut off. I'm sure they'll be called out on that one though.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:18 PM

314 posts, read 265,371 times
This bill needs two more Republicans in the Senate to move to the house. If it is that hard in the Senate there is no way it will pass the house which is run by Republicans. It is another waste of time. The bill that will eventually pass is one started in the house and passes there first which has more chance to then pass the more democrat run Senate. I am sick of getting my hopes up but this is the truth. This new bill is a waste of time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.