U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 04:07 PM

314 posts, read 504,998 times

Advertisements

Has anyone in Nj spoken to an agent once their regular benefits expired? I know in Nj you can't claimafter regular benefits. What has an agent told you to do since you can't claim ?. My last week on regular benefits is this coming week. Should I do nothing? When it passes will we be contacted?

Old 02-02-2014, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,391 times
All this shuffling, so many are going without, and that would include the children, and elderly.
So sad what the government has no care in world, they should not receive any more pay or leave until they take care of business.
I could bet that many of them will not be reinstated, and why should they?
Let us have our life line with 2014 EUC.
How do you sleep at night, oh yea, your are still getting paid, plenty of food, heat and lights, not to mention all the many extras you want to buy or do.
Get real and save the people, which was suppose be why you received your position.
You should ashamed of your selves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2014, 04:45 PM

409 posts, read 429,716 times
I hope tomorrow gives us a general idea of where congress has their heads with our lives. Or at least Tuesday. This uncertainty is the worst part of it all.

Today I talked to my landlord about the delay and she seemed okay with it. Now I just need to find a way to get food

Old 02-02-2014, 05:55 PM

4,807 posts, read 6,321,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
I hope tomorrow gives us a general idea of where congress has their heads with our lives. Or at least Tuesday. This uncertainty is the worst part of it all.

Today I talked to my landlord about the delay and she seemed okay with it. Now I just need to find a way to get food
Churches and food banks. Don't go without and don't eat only ramen noodles or potatoes --- you'll get very sick doing that.

Let's hope tomorrow will bring us some idea of where we stand.

I wish I could find a decent job that will pay the bills!

Old 02-02-2014, 06:18 PM

409 posts, read 429,716 times
I'm going to see a SNAP office rep tomorrow.

I have a question tho. For some weird reason my landlord won't fill out the landlord portion of my SNAP application. Is there a way around that?

Old 02-02-2014, 07:00 PM

75 posts, read 93,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msix3623 View Post
Has anyone in Nj spoken to an agent once their regular benefits expired? I know in Nj you can't claimafter regular benefits. What has an agent told you to do since you can't claim ?. My last week on regular benefits is this coming week. Should I do nothing? When it passes will we be contacted?

I live in NJ. I contacted them last Monday and was advised that there is no euc certification process by phone or online. They will advise of process if legislation passes.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:28 PM

314 posts, read 504,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGUY524 View Post
I live in NJ. I contacted them last Monday and was advised that there is no euc certification process by phone or online. They will advise of process if legislation passes.
Thanks for the response

Old 02-02-2014, 10:29 PM

31 posts, read 41,365 times
From Fightbacknews .org:
Washington, DC – According to widespread reports here, Feb. 2, the Senate is close to an agreement that would allow a vote on Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC) the week starting Feb. 3.

Bloomberg news quotes Senate Majority leader Harry Reid as saying, “I hope we have something on the floor next week.” Insiders report that a vote is close, with Democrats and some Republicans nearing agreement on a funding source for the jobless benefit extension.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:07 AM

60 posts, read 68,286 times
The House Bill
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...13hr3936ih.htm

Old 02-03-2014, 08:26 AM

6,154 posts, read 16,955,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
I'm going to see a SNAP office rep tomorrow.

I have a question tho. For some weird reason my landlord won't fill out the landlord portion of my SNAP application. Is there a way around that?
Do you have a valid lease or rental agreement? That should suffice, if you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment