U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 07:44 PM

665 posts, read 797,549 times

Advertisements

They just released the schedule for tomorrow on the Senate website and there is nothing to do with unemployment tomorrow.

The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00am on Tuesday, February 4, 2014. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the conference report to accompany H.R.2642, the Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013. The time until 12:30pm will be equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees.

The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.

At 2:15pm, there will be up to 20 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees. At approximately 2:35pm, there will be a roll call vote on adoption of the conference report to accompany H.R.2642, the farm bill.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:46 PM

4,807 posts, read 6,341,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
They gave the schedule for tomorrow before they left and nothing about unemployment. There definitely is no vote otherwise it would have to be scheduled. They are working on the farm bill again tomorrow they said..

Great.....

Does anyone think we'll have any money by MARCH? April? The summer?

I know.... they have to get this farm bill passed so these farmers can get a whole lot more money and they can take money away from food stamp recipients. Then MAYBE they'll think about those of us who have been sitting here with nothing since January 1st.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:48 PM

4,807 posts, read 6,341,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
EXACTLY! And the only chart he had up was the percentage of unemployed people over the years showing it's at its highest now. He covered EVERY single topic we have been talking about and backed it up with very good examples from history and from the present. I think he was awesome and that was the first time he was speaking before the Senate. You can tell he truly means what he says and that's rare coming from a politician.

I'm responding to you because if I responded to Amisi after his comment I would have lost my mind. To complain that he has a written speech and a chart over amazing content and delivery is beyond absurd.
His chart showed nothing that every single senator in that room didn't already know. He had that chart and the one with an outline of NJ state and photos of NJ residents.

He did bring up good points. Yes, he seemed to mean what he was saying. Let's hope what he said penetrated the brain cells of at least 4 more republicans

Old 02-03-2014, 07:48 PM

149 posts, read 267,371 times
I don't understand why the farm bill takes precedence over emergency unemployment benefits. Keyword: EMERGENCY!

Are these schedules for the Senate 100% absolute? Or can and do they change as the day goes on? I've never followed politics so closely before, so I really don't know.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 PM

Also the Senate is off Wed for a Democratic Retreat

Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 PM

Posted: 01/31/2014

By: CNN Wire
Former President Bill Clinton will join President Barack Obama at next Wednesday's Senate Democratic retreat at the Washington Nationals stadium, according to two Democratic sources.
Most of the discussion at the retreat will revolve around messaging for the Democrats' 2014 middle class agenda, a Democratic aide told CNN.
The twin presidential appearances come at a time of heightened anxiety for Democrats analyzing the midterm elections and their party's ability to preserve its slender Senate majority.
Senate Republicans will also hold a one-day "issues conference" on Wednesday at the Library of Congress.

Read more: Bill Clinton to join Obama at Senate Democratic retreat

Read more: Bill Clinton to join Obama at Senate Democratic retreat

Old 02-03-2014, 08:00 PM

154 posts, read 199,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Great.....

Does anyone think we'll have any money by MARCH? April? The summer?

I know.... they have to get this farm bill passed so these farmers can get a whole lot more money and they can take money away from food stamp recipients. Then MAYBE they'll think about those of us who have been sitting here with nothing since January 1st.
At this point I would be surprised if we get anything by July. Isn't it nice of them to cut off our unemployment then cut food stamps when we need them because we have no unemployment? I had my first day of school today and to my supprise I found out half the people in my classes are in the same situation as most of us posting here.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:02 PM

111 posts, read 125,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
Also the Senate is off Wed for a Democratic Retreat
That's just swell, They better retreat out of pitchfork, and tar n feather range

Old 02-03-2014, 08:16 PM

409 posts, read 430,973 times
This situation is looking more grim every time congress reessembles... Which is the exact opposite of how things are supposed to go for American people.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:26 PM

If they don't do anything tomorrow which as of now they have nothing on the schedule yes its just got grim. The house is off on there break after next Wed to Feb 26th. if the Senate is only in on Thursday this week (They usually take Friday off) then there is no way to get any bill done before the House leaves . Or if the Senate who goes on there leave again next Thursday doesn't have anything done before they leave we are then into March. At this point I wouldn't know what to say. If they dont say something tomorrow the situation really has become grim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment