U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-06-2014, 10:32 AM

601 posts, read 420,897 times

Advertisements

Senate Republicans decided after the lat vote was defeated to ignore it. H Reid said it himself this morning. They do not want the extended benefits and are against them. This is not saying anything about Republicans , i am not being critical. . Its just there philosophy and what the party holds and there values. They want smaller govt and don't believe in or want smaller foodstamps, SSI Benefits welfare , unemployment benefits or any form of government assistance. Its just what the parties policy is. Unfortunately.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:37 AM

75 posts, read 60,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
sen republicans talk about everything in the world, except EUC
they are.....maybe that's a good sign

Old 02-06-2014, 10:44 AM

51 posts, read 35,249 times
I believe if this dies today it's done for good.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:51 AM

601 posts, read 420,897 times
If this does not get pass the procedural vote today then yes its probably the end for a while. But I cant see it not passing the procedural vote. Even the Senators who will eventually vote NO when a final vote is taken next week will vote yes just to try to get there amendments in. (what they did last month) Then when H Reid does not allow unlimited amendments (Which would make this go on for weeks) they will change there vote. If this didn't even get by the procedural today then its done for good. Most votes atelsat get by procedural to the debate stage.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 752 times
This is my first time commenting on this site but I've been reading it all. I have 3 kids and was a few weeks into the first extension when it was cut off RIGHT AFTER CHRISTMAS. Along with the stresses of paying bills and wondering how thats going to happen, there is also the stress on the family.Because I'm stressed I have less patience with my children and I hate to admit that but I'm sure I'm not alone. Families are starting to suffer and they keep delaying.
If anything this has made me start paying attention and I will now be watching and learning so I can vote the right way.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:03 AM

98 posts, read 76,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
Senate Republicans decided after the lat vote was defeated to ignore it. H Reid said it himself this morning. They do not want the extended benefits and are against them. This is not saying anything about Republicans , i am not being critical. . Its just there philosophy and what the party holds and there values. They want smaller govt and don't believe in or want smaller foodstamps, SSI Benefits welfare , unemployment benefits or any form of government assistance. Its just what the parties policy is. Unfortunately.
I know the big R philosophy of "little government", its the extreme right philosophy of "lazy immoral people" that bothers me.

The small R extremist continue harping about a "lack of jobs" AND complaining people are lazy for not taking this lack of jobs work (non-exsistent jobs)

this logic does not hold up very well, but it caters to the emotionally charged, mentally challenged
crowd that is the BASE of the small R people

then they have the nerve to talk about a higher morality????

Old 02-06-2014, 11:18 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,842,082 times
I wrote Pat Toomey and let him know of my extreme disappointment of voting against the extension. In my area it is not unusual for some jobs to get 200-250 applications (for a single job!). Our classifieds are extremely small and sometimes non-existent. I've applied for a ton of jobs and haven't received one interview. It's to the point where I may move to Florida for a new job market. I have worked since I was 11 years old and this was the first I've ever had to use UE because I was fired from an evil company that blatantly placed the staff and clients in dangerous situations with no remorse. Since PA is an at will state I was basically fired for "whining". I have paid into UE all my working life and now I can't get it when I need help? It's pathetic how we are being treated and being insulted along the way ("get them lazy people up to find jobs, etc.). I've worked f'n hard all my life.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 638 times
the vote did not pass! Watch crime,homeless,starvation all go sky high. Anarchy is among us. May all who voted against suffer a lifetime of pain! As a unemployed Vet i am ashamed of this government. Ok gotto go rob a bank now....

Old 02-06-2014, 11:47 AM

1,649 posts, read 942,218 times
Veterans who are in danger of becoming homeless can call the Emergency Hotline at

1-877-4AID-VET

They have helped several people in my area out of a tough spot.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:21 PM

17,095 posts, read 7,702,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deenix73 View Post
That's debatable depending on where you live.
We were at 6.7% last month; 7.6% on 01/20/2009. Past 10% by the end of Q1 2009.

Last I checked 6.7% is less than both 7.6% and 10%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment