U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-07-2014, 05:35 PM

60 posts, read 43,346 times

Advertisements

Whats crazy is Baucus is leaving to be ambassador to China. I think Thursday was his last day as the new senator is taking his place Tuesday. He could have voted yes, what did he have to loose, it was his last damn day.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:47 PM

60 posts, read 43,346 times
So they can use the pension smoothing but for democrats to try to use it its called a gimmick..

Pressed on the issue, the House GOP quickly assured reporters that they would offset the reversal of the military pension cuts, then they scrambled to find a pay-for. Politico reported that what they came up with on Thursday was an unrelated reform measure called “pension smoothing,” which conveniently saves exactly $6 billion. (Never mind that Senate Democrats have proposed using the same pension-smoothing offset to pay for unemployment benefits, effectively pitting the jobless against military vets.)

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gop-debt-ceiling-farce

I say they add the EUC bill to the debt ceiling issue..yall want the debt ceiling..we want unemployment extended..use the pension smoothing for both.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:51 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,101,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deenix73 View Post
So they can use the pension smoothing but for democrats to try to use it its called a gimmick..

Pressed on the issue, the House GOP quickly assured reporters that they would offset the reversal of the military pension cuts, then they scrambled to find a pay-for. Politico reported that what they came up with on Thursday was an unrelated reform measure called “pension smoothing,” which conveniently saves exactly $6 billion. (Never mind that Senate Democrats have proposed using the same pension-smoothing offset to pay for unemployment benefits, effectively pitting the jobless against military vets.)

The GOP's debt-ceiling farce | MSNBC

I say they add the EUC bill to the debt ceiling issue..yall want the debt ceiling..we want unemployment extended..use the pension smoothing for both.
I heard that was a possibility.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:39 PM

4,262 posts, read 2,885,726 times
Here is their calendar. There is nothing on their about the EUC. That doesn't mean they can't bring it up, but it's not there:

U.S. Senate: Committees Home > Committee Hearings & Meetings Scheduled

Old 02-07-2014, 06:54 PM

314 posts, read 255,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
I heard that was a possibility.

not going to happen : In a Private Meeting John Boehner Says Helping The Unemployed Would Be a Bad Thing

Old 02-07-2014, 10:28 PM

11 posts, read 7,658 times
They will pass euc and raise the minimum wage obama was saying as he signed the farm bill today..it will pass eventually..its a cat and mouse game..Congress will rally and you will see many bills will be passed...its the way of politics and our leaders. .the innocent poor and misfortunate. .always pay the price and suffer...its the way of the world nothing new same old song..history repeats itself. .

Old 02-07-2014, 11:25 PM

11 posts, read 7,658 times
It was on cspan when he signed the farm bill today..we all have to calm think rationally. .im unemployed trust im hurting too, but somehow someway things work out for the best, one door closes another one opens..im a firm believer in my god above..I rely on him not congress the lord giveth and he taketh..everything happens for a reason.. God knows what you needs are before you ask him..truth. .have some faith people there is still good in the world you have to believe. .I wish all of u who are suffering like me peace and happiness. ..LIVE LONG AND PROSPER...

Old 02-08-2014, 08:13 PM

98 posts, read 73,614 times
state benefits are now 26 weeks, when levels exceed about 5 % there is usually an extension of some sort.

I am going out on a limb here but, extensions will pass with at least some sort of extension for all the state only recently laid off. I know they have ALWAYS been retroactive, at least in recent times, but maybe that will change.

just thinking that at least 20-30 weeks will have to be pumped into economy, the expired extensions are said to COST 200,000 jobs so restoring or saving those jobs does not count it would seem.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:27 PM

588 posts, read 399,603 times
Obama said it should pass and he hoped it would . He has been saying that since December. Nothing new. With the House and Senate going off on there Break after this Wed its pretty much been pushed back to march now. I just hope by early March the Senate can pass something so that this can go to the House.The we start this fight all over again. First you have to convince Boehner to allow it in to the Senate and he already gave vauge references that he will not unless it has job creation (he measn give me what i want the keystone OR obamacare gone) and then the Democrats need 18 Republicans to vote with them and we all know the chances of that. At that point the Democrats will have to give the Republicans something to convince them to vote with them. I hope this gets done but will be mid March by then., and still weeks until payment go out The damage will be done.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:36 AM

486 posts, read 711,576 times
They're going on another break? Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment