U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-05-2014, 11:56 AM

339 posts, read 188,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
i am for euc

but can someone explain to me in lamens terms how does euc "create jobs"

i understand how it effects the economy because people will have money to spend

but how can one quantify job creation and say something like x-number of jobs will be created?

i'm just a simple person so lamens terms please
Think of it as a stimulus in a way. If X amount of money is spent Y amount money is put into local economics and Z amount of jobs are created. It's based on the amount of money being spent ...

Old 03-05-2014, 12:25 PM

4 posts, read 1,717 times
Yes they will get extended.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:46 PM

314 posts, read 257,598 times
someone said that they heard on cspan that they are planning on at least having the procedural vote this week..and then the cloture vote sometime next week

Old 03-05-2014, 02:49 PM

29 posts, read 19,951 times
I lucked up and got a fairly well paying job(for my area)today. It's not in the field I've worked in for last 20 years and nowhere near the money I'm use to. But it's a job and it'll work until I can do better. I wish you all the best and I hope you can hold on until things get back to normal.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:09 PM

7 posts, read 6,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Which means the Dems are putting no Keystone above the people on EUC. And they are not being held accountable for their choice.
I totally disagree with you. Why would the Republicans want to take us hostage in the first place. They could have attacked or hijacked some other issues, but not the unemployment extensions. Use Keystone on something else, NOT THE UNEMPLOYED, PERIOD. Dems are also at fault, but they didn't start this whole mess.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:33 PM

38 posts, read 9,112 times
Reid preps for another vote...

Old 03-05-2014, 05:42 PM

At this point it looks like this garbage is about to roll into April. They don't plan on finalizing votes until next week. Isn't the House of Reps on vacation for Official Coffee Day for two weeks?

Old 03-05-2014, 06:02 PM

588 posts, read 401,485 times
Yep, if they cant get it out of the senate by next week sorry to say but your looking at end of April or May at this point. House is off after next thursday so no chance they can get it before they come back March 24th and then they are back for 2 weeks and off for most of April for Easter Break from April 10th to April 28th . Would give them just over 2 weeks. At this point it looks grim if the Senate cant get this done before the break next Thursday.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALDB2013 View Post
He STILL hasn't gotten another vote yet? This may get through senate just by a hair but i doubt this will pass the house of Reps.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:33 PM

588 posts, read 401,485 times
Looks like its next Wed or Thursday or even after they come back at the end of the month . What a joke.

Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, said Wednesday that he will need to “pull out all the stops” to get enough GOP support for a 6-month extension to unemployment benefits that could come up for a vote next week.
“I have to pull out all the stops to try to pick up another Republican vote, it’s not Democrats I have to worry about,” he said. “It’s getting the Republicans to allow these millions of people who are desperate long-term unemployed a shot in the arm.”
Mr. Reid said the weather, which cancelled two days of votes in the Senate this week, has made it difficult to fit everything on to the schedule, but that he plans to make a decision on when to bring up the unemployment insurance vote soon.
A spokesman for Mr. Reid said it could come up by Wednesday or Thursday of next week, barring any unexpected delays or a change in the situation in Ukraine that would call for immediate action in Congress.
If the Senate does not consider the extension next week, it would have to wait until the Senate returns to Washington on March 24 after a weeklong vacation.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment