U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-06-2014, 03:10 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,103,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I was the one who posted the numbers last time. It was removed because there is a rule about soliciting people to do something.

I hope if anyone wants to call, they copy the numbers right away before that post is deleted.
I always thought soliciting was when you're selling something. Who knew?

Old 03-06-2014, 03:26 PM

94 posts, read 91,123 times
Default USA Today-Aid cuts have hit 2 million long-term unemployed

Aid cuts have hit 2 million long-term unemployed

Aid cuts have hit 2 million long-term unemployed

Old 03-06-2014, 05:07 PM

4,263 posts, read 2,889,750 times
Has anyone been watching CSPAN-2? Is anything happening at all?

Old 03-06-2014, 05:11 PM

15 posts, read 11,834 times
First of all I hope everyone is keeping their heads up. Things will get better. I have an interview tomorrow. We will make it through this. 2nd all of the people on here posting abt marching on Washington but won't even make a simple phone call. I have called several times. E-mails are ok but everyone should do both. I Have e-mailed my worthless senators Rand Paul and Mitch McConell. Pail replies by giving me his schedule for the week every week and after abt 3 weeks I got a letter in the mail from McConnell since I told him he was going to be loosing the votes of every member of my family and any friend I could convince.

In McConnell's letter he was telling me how he was for unemployment. Just not for Harry Reid's way of doing things and blocking republican amendments. He said he personally proposed a bill that would extend U.I. for a year and delay the oboma care mandate for a year. Pretty much trying to fill me full of BS.

My reply to him was WTH does oboma care have to do with U.I.? I can't blame democrats for this. Not when they all vote yes and all repubs vote no. Harry Reid I thought was a good guy but I realize now he is more worried abt making repubs look bad than get our extension through. But never the less I have called McConnell, Portman, and Pauls office the day of the last vote and told them all I was a registered voter and to vote yes before they lost any more votes.

So my msg to all of you talking abt marching on Washington pick up your dang phones and call these ppl. Yes E-mail them too but CALL CALL CALL them for sure. Good luck everyone, and in Nov when McConnell needs my vote and my family's I will give him the same NO he is giving us.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:17 PM

60 posts, read 43,377 times
Reid just introduced another bill. But now they off until monday at 4.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:33 PM

588 posts, read 399,984 times
Ried just put the bill on a calendar but that just means that he can put it to a procedural vote any time. They left for the week .They may try to get a procedural vote before they leave on the break and start the real votes when they get back at the end of the month. But it so useless . They wasted too much time. The house is off a huge part of April, they needed to have this to the house this week since it may spend weeks in the house. What a waste of time. And they mentioend that there is snow in the forcast for next week in Washington so might be a short week , so who even knows.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:33 PM

94 posts, read 91,123 times
Default U.S. Rep. Kildee urges GOP to allow vote on extending federal unemployment benefits

The letter, signed by 161 members of the House Democratic Caucus, came after a report indicating as many as 200,000 veterans may be among those who have lost the extended benefits since they expired Dec. 28.
“Those who served honorably in the military shouldn’t return home only to find that the country they fought to defend has abandoned them as they actively look for a job,” Kildee said. More than one million people lost benefits nationwide when the program ended in December after several years.
Michigan’s other four Democratic House members also signed the letter. House Republicans have shown little indication to allow a vote on extending the program, however, which failed by a single vote earlier this year in the U.S. Senate.

U.S. Rep. Kildee urges GOP to allow vote on extending federal unemployment benefits | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

*the economy is getting worse and EUC issue will be used in the coming election in November...very optimistic we will get the extensions

***the real bad economical news have not even hit yet. huge increase in foreclosures and credit card debt news will be imminent.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:36 PM

House Democrats have signed two letters already to J Boehner asking for a vote in the last 2 months. He doesn't even respond.

Old 03-06-2014, 06:24 PM

60 posts, read 43,377 times
Senate unemployment insurance debate returns - Burgess Everett - POLITICO.com

Old 03-06-2014, 06:46 PM

Thats the same plan again that includes the same stuff Portman added (Reforms ) and taking money from the Disabled that the Democrats rejected 3 times already. Also includes the same Pension Smoothing that was rejected over and over . What is wrong with these people. The same plans over and over that were rejected . This plan will not even be looked at by the Democrats. Why cant someone come up with something new. Its been 3 months. Unreal.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment