Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 08:08 AM

132 posts, read 220,644 times

Advertisements

Lets hope they vote on the bill and the bill pass through the Senate. The problem is going to be the House Republicans, next week the congress will be off AGAIN for a week. This is madness, I never seen nothing like this in my life, the congress have more off days and vacations then the regular workers. I urge everyone to call their local , state and federal representative ASAP. Tell them to pass this bill! If not, Nov 4, 2014 will be coming soon.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:43 AM

757 posts, read 1,094,191 times
I'm glad to see people calling their elected officials! Keep the pressure on!

Old 01-13-2014, 10:32 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEHelp View Post
I'm glad to see people calling their elected officials! Keep the pressure on!
what is the eatliest date that benefits could be restored?

Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
This is unreal. I'm watching Harry Reid now. He said he spoke with a reupublican leader as well as a few others and the only vote they will have today is on someone becoming a justice of the court. He said he hopes they will come to some kind of agreement today. If not, tomorrow.

This is bull!!!!

THERE NEEDS TO BE A REVOLUTION IN THIS COUNTRY!!!!

MILLION PEOPLE MARCH ON WASHINGTON!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2014, 12:18 PM

991 posts, read 1,519,822 times
Congress bickers while unemployed hope for extended benefits [VIDEO] - UPI.com

sign in and leave a comment

Old 01-13-2014, 12:29 PM

27 posts, read 41,923 times
you do realize that This is ONLY the Senate. There is VERY little chance Congress will pass any of these legistlations. This is a political game for democrts to say we tried our best and republics say Democrats did not play ball with us. we are only a voiceless minority with no lobbying power. where do you think this will end up? Time to pack bags and move to moms spare bedroom. Hope she will have enough walls so I could hang my two degrees and 25 years of professional experices on to... Shame on you Republicans....

Old 01-13-2014, 12:32 PM

757 posts, read 1,094,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
This is unreal. I'm watching Harry Reid now. He said he spoke with a reupublican leader as well as a few others and the only vote they will have today is on someone becoming a justice of the court. He said he hopes they will come to some kind of agreement today. If not, tomorrow.

This is bull!!!!

THERE NEEDS TO BE A REVOLUTION IN THIS COUNTRY!!!!

MILLION PEOPLE MARCH ON WASHINGTON!!!!!!
I like your enthusiasm. So tired of the Republican bad, Democrat good and the other way around. Both are corrupt, inept and could care less about the people they serve.

Please people...CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES AND GET ANGRY! You can be angry without being rude. They need to hear that we need help and now!

Old 01-13-2014, 12:37 PM

I am so sick of this Congress, it make no sense, they acting like children. November 4, 2014, I know what I am going to do. These losers have to go and we need young and fresh new blood in the congess who are in the middle. Get rid of the right and left. We need more independents. The Senate from Indiana just talking, He need to stop talking and get his vote on. Voting is a must!!! I hope in November, we have a brand new Congress! They not creating jobs at all. Just working for the corporations and the Koch Brothers.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:44 PM

You see this mess, none of them are not in the room to vote or discuss to get this done. I am so done with the Congress, They have to go ASAP. Such a disgrace!! Everyone need to call their local office, state reps, and Congress!!! Let them have it. Keep calling them.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:32 PM

19 posts, read 31,644 times
It's done, we aren't getting anything! For those stupid enough to think that democrats are blocking the bill think again,. Keep voting Republican and see the sh*t sandwich you'll end up with. If Democrats were the majority in congress it would pass overnight! (Fact)
I say vote them out, and watch out for independents, some of them are just like Rand Paul or worse. Also, just turn to crime, I'd rather turn to theft than go hungry, I'm not advocating violence, just steal when you can to survive. It's dog eat dog right now, do what you can to survive! IF YOU CANNOT FIND WAYS TO MAKE MONEY, DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment