U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 PM

314 posts, read 266,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
It's not even on their calendar. Check out the link I provided above or go to Senate.gov and check the calendar yourself.

11 business days? I thought they were only taking off this Friday (as usual) and all of next week. That's only 6 business days. Are you saying they're taking TWO weeks off?????????
didn't reid say yesterday that they will definitely vote on it today? that is probably why it is not scheduled on the calender amisi

Old 01-14-2014, 01:45 PM

124 posts, read 96,957 times
I agree the Congress are Pimps, are flunkey for the corporation. We have to vote all of them out the office, also along with the State and Local level. They know American people are swamp with chaos, like marry life, debt, food, shelter and etcs. In the 1990's things were fine in the USA, everyone were doing well. Then the corporations that ran by the Koch brothers hated that, they want to get rid of the middle class and just have poor and rich. We have to stop them by not supporting their services and products. We get the government back if put our egos to the aside. I want things like in the late 1970's and 1990's where people were happy and stress free. Its going to be battle, we all can stop this madness. I see the Congress don't want to help the famers no more, by not renewing the Farm Bill. Very sad. President Obama have to stop being a wimp and speak up and be a Man. Also NJGUY524, its not 1.4 million people that being effected, its close to 10 million people. The media tell half-truth. Check out the link below.

Reid, Boehner face showdowns on unemployment benefits, farm bill - The Washington Post

Old 01-14-2014, 01:46 PM

Yes msix3623, Harry said they were going to vote, I hope this loser keep his word.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:50 PM

149 posts, read 109,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dell1972 View Post
Yes msix3623, Harry said they were going to vote, I hope this loser keep his word.
He was just talking in CSPAN and said there was a vote scheduled for 2:30 today but it is going to be put off "until another time" without specifying when. More stalling while at the same time blaming Republicans for there not being a vote.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:50 PM

600 posts, read 416,049 times
There is no vote today. He just announed they have a new bill to debate and vote on by Friday. Then he ripped it as bad and Mitch O'Connell came out and said he doesnt like it either. Its wacky. They will now debate a deal they don't like and vote on Friday. This is just set up to fail. What a mess.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:55 PM

2,465 posts, read 1,613,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantHill View Post
If Harry Reid and the democrats really cared, they wouldn't have passed a bill without the euc included. This is all politics on both sides. Don't be fooled into thinking the democrats care for your benefits anymore than republicans.
Had to rep you.

I have a job and I'm glad because I don't have to depend on the idiots in Washington to make my house payment. It's a complete joke.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:55 PM

8 posts, read 6,033 times
The news just said Harry Reid is expecting a final vote on Friday in the Senate to rectify the unemployment extension. All the dems are on board but he needs more repubs to pass the bill. I think the Republicans have it wrong on this issue because unemployment is not a partisan issue. The majority are older workers over 50 who tend to be more conservative and vote Republic. Im glad the Democrats are vocal because the Republicans are not interested. Im not unemployed but I know of friends and family who are.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:01 PM

These congress act like little babies, I swear. They need to go. We need moderate people in the congress. Get rid of the GOP's, Tea Party members and the Democrats. I am watching this live on c-spann, what a mess. I want their jobs, they have free days off, free gas, free airline trips, discounts on clothes and shoes, get a paid staffs that we pay for. What a great job to have. We all need to run for the office seriously.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:05 PM

207 posts, read 408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dell1972 View Post
These congress act like little babies, I swear. They need to go. We need moderate people in the congress. Get rid of the GOP's, Tea Party members and the Democrats. I am watching this live on c-spann, what a mess. I want their jobs, they have free days off, free gas, free airline trips, discounts on clothes and shoes, get a paid staffs that we pay for. What a great job to have. We all need to run for the office seriously.
I always used to wonder why a person would go through all that trouble campaigning for these congressional positions. Now I realize why. Their staff is also well paid.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:11 PM

14,391 posts, read 19,231,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarjr View Post
I always used to wonder why a person would go through all that trouble campaigning for these congressional positions. Now I realize why. Their staff is also well paid.
Most of 'em, after a while, become millionaires. Saw/read something somewhere last week that over 50% in the House are now millionaires. This is a great job for a young struggling lawyer. Lookin' at you Duffy from WI and Brown - who lost in MA and has now moved to NH to take another shot. These guys run for office for a reason, and the first reason is NOT "public service." It's all about the money and lifetime pension. $174k/yr. salary, who knows what perks. It's no wonder they keep those jobs for 30+ years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment