U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 03:17 PM

132 posts, read 167,826 times

Advertisements

They don't know if you don't tell them.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:21 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,020,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dell1972 View Post
They don't know if you don't tell them.
I just finished filling out the Food Stamp/ general assistance application and they ask for bank accounts, how much is in them and the account numbers. They have your social security number so they can easily find out if you're lying. When you check that you agree tot he terms, etc I'm sure background checks and asset checks are done. I'll let you guys know what happens with it.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:32 PM

4 posts, read 5,334 times
hey im brand new here and i have a question, im sorry if its been answered already but i didnt know where in the 60 pages to look

so ive had unemployment benefits since june and just noticed that my web cert stopped updating, the last update was for the last week of 2012 and its been 2 weeks and it looks like my unemployment has stopped, i tried calling dd but (like always) theyre impossible to reach, is my time over? or does it have to do with that bill that didnt pass? any info would be extremely helpful since i might lose my house over this

Old 01-16-2014, 04:34 PM

67 posts, read 162,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeonefriendly View Post
hey im brand new here and i have a question, im sorry if its been answered already but i didnt know where in the 60 pages to look

so ive had unemployment benefits since june and just noticed that my web cert stopped updating, the last update was for the last week of 2012 and its been 2 weeks and it looks like my unemployment has stopped, i tried calling dd but (like always) theyre impossible to reach, is my time over? or does it have to do with that bill that didnt pass? any info would be extremely helpful since i might lose my house over this

You are probably going to get no more despite if the extension is approved.
It has to do with your start date, it varies.

It goes by #of weeks, period,

>not Max dollar amount That figure at the top of your payment history)

read the below thread, use the calculator

amount-extension-benefits-you-will-receive.

the amount of extension benefits you will receive if it's approved

^^click here read

if you could claim after Dec 29 (and wiat for the possible extension) and then a little after you go on the site and there is no "claim weekly benefits" it probably means you used it all up and the extension going through would have no effect.

A single person no kids on Public assitance,
food stamps max
$ 189/week
welfare cash, probably under $100 a week - if you qualify ( not sure the amount exactly ask some poor folk) Food stamp max I am sure about
>>> 45 days waiting period
must go immediately while waiting every day to workforce job center every day
There they have job pre-screen recruiting all the time, other job resources

I was in your same state of not knowing what was going on a very short time ago.
I called unemployment, they said use the calulator to determine # of weeks.
That's all you are going to get if the extension goes through, weeks is it
In my case I just have one week retroactive coming IF THE EXTENSION goes through
and that's all

I thought I was going to get 70 + weeks, turns out it's 63, Iused all 63 except one week
-the figure varies based on start date. It's all based on start date, nothing else. You don't even have to log in to get the start date. You just need to log in after to payment history and count how many weeks you used

Don't let depression hit you , you have to do everything you can do immediately.
Going into that HRA Office on 14th St, Its all poor people. It's scarey and sad . But you will get beyond it,
People can lose their house but bounce back. Houses are not you. Also evictions can take a while. I hope it doesn't come to that but accept it if it does. Plan ahead

Last edited by jonbenson; 01-16-2014 at 04:52 PM..

Old 01-16-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
You are probably going to get no more despite if the extension is approved.
It has to do with your start date, it varies.

It goes by #of weeks, period,

>not Max dollar amount That figure at the top of your payment history)

read the below thread, use the calculator

amount-extension-benefits-you-will-receive.

[url]http://www.city-data.com/forum/unemployment/2029268-amount-extension-benefits-you-will-receive.html[/url]

^^click here read

if you could claim after Dec 29 (and wiat for the possible extension) and then a little after you go on the site and there is no "claim weekly benefits" it probably means you used it all up and the extension going through would have no effect.

A single person no kids on Public assitance,
food stamps max
$ 189/week
welfare cash, probably under $100 a week - if you qualify ( not sure the amount exactly ask some poor folk) Food stamp max I am sure about
>>> 45 days waiting period
must go immediately while waiting every day to workforce job center every day
There they have job pre-screen recruiting all the time, other job resources

I was in your same state of not knowing what was going on a very short time ago.
I called unemployment, they said use the calulator to determine # of weeks.
That's all you are going to get if the extension goes through, weeks is it
In my case I just have one week retroactive coming IF THE EXTENSION goes through
and that's all

I thought I was going to get 70 + weeks, turns out it's 63, Iused all 63 except one week
-the figure varies based on start date. It's all based on start date, nothing else. You don't even have to log in to get the start date. You just need to log in after to payment history and count how many weeks you used

Don't let depression hit you , you have to do everything you can do immediately.
Going into that HRA Office on 14th St, Its all poor people. It's scarey and sad . But you will get beyond it,
People can lose their house but bounce back. Houses are not you. Also evictions can take a while. I hope it doesn't come to that but accept it if it does. Plan ahead

thanks for the info but im a little confused, that calculator says its for new york im in california
also you said you got 63 weeks of benefits? i only got about 28 weeks (maybe 29 or 27)
but from what youre saying it seems like im not getting any more benefits, im just confused because they didnt mail me anything about or email or anything and are harder to get thrugh to on the phone than usual i called over 35 times yesterday and never got through to a live person

Old 01-16-2014, 05:19 PM

75 posts, read 93,903 times
Tune into C-Span 6:39pm today 1/16/2014...Harry to address unemployment before they go on recess.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:22 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,020,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGUY524 View Post
Tune into C-Span 6:39pm today 1/16/2014...Harry to address unemployment before they go on recess.
Thanks for the heads up!

Old 01-16-2014, 06:19 PM

19,547 posts, read 37,254,648 times
Quote:
so ive had unemployment benefits since june and just noticed that my web cert stopped updating, the last update was for the last week of 2012 and its been 2 weeks and it looks like my unemployment has stopped, is my time over? or does it have to do with that bill that didnt pass?
Quote:
thanks for the info but im a little confused, that calculator says its for new york im in california
also you said you got 63 weeks of benefits? i only got about 28 weeks (maybe 29 or 27)
CA was mailing those who had been on EUC for a while that benefits were ending. You began too late, probably, to get a notice.

Claim date affects number of weeks you receive depending on state and size of your claim, not necessarily when you file.

You exhausted your State of California benefits and received 2-3 weeks federal EUC. All federal EUC benefit payments ended with week ending 12/28/2013. There is nothing further for you until Congress acts.

You should familiarize yourself with the EDD website. CA has been posting updates on its website, here:

New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions and Benefit Cuts

Overview - Unemployment Insurance

Old 01-16-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
CA was mailing those who had been on EUC for a while that benefits were ending. You began too late, probably, to get a notice.

Claim date affects number of weeks you receive depending on state and size of your claim, not necessarily when you file.

You exhausted your State of California benefits and received 2-3 weeks federal EUC. All federal EUC benefit payments ended with week ending 12/28/2013. There is nothing further for you until Congress acts.

You should familiarize yourself with the EDD website. CA has been posting updates on its website, here:

[URL="http://edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/Federal_Unemployment_Insurance_Extensions.htm"]New Developments on Federal Unemployment Extensions and Benefit Cuts[/URL]

EDIT: apparently my claim expires in march 2014, i get that the extension wont happen but if my claim is still active until march why do my benefits stop now?

[URL="http://edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/"]Overview - Unemployment Insurance[/URL]
thank you for the information i was under the impression that might be the case but i wasnt sure if i had exhausted my resources or not, i guess i have thank you again

EDIT: i just looked through some of my paperwork and it says my claim is active until march 2014 so i shouldnt need the extended benefits right? why would it get cut off now?

Last edited by justsomeonefriendly; 01-16-2014 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 01-16-2014, 06:41 PM

4,807 posts, read 6,321,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGUY524 View Post
I didn't see this post until just now..... what was said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment