Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 07:54 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times

Advertisements

Do you have paystubs from an employer after XXX (probably YYY) that date from Sep 15, 2012 and add up to $4,344? If so, that is the easiest thing to submit and this issue will die a natural death.

So sad that MI tries to dupe people into paying when they don't owe a nickel, and I'm sure that there is a percentage that just open their wallets because they think it's the right thing to do. I'm so glad you aren't one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 08:00 PM

6 posts, read 8,246 times
I dont think I have the actual paystubs as it was all online. I wonder if I could get them from the company. Is that all that the rework means??? The person I talked to from the UIA made it sound like I was disqualified because I quit my job PRIOR to being laid off from my next job, and since it was all within 18 months that company xxx was paying half the unemployment taxes and company yyy was paying the other half. I completely forgot to ask what the rework part meant and he didn't mention it, even though they know I made well over that amount at company yyy (probably made like $60,000 gross).

Old 05-04-2015, 08:05 PM

If you have bank statements showing direct deposits from YYY with a net amount, you can work with that. The state loves to NOT believe a word that comes out of your mouth no matter how logical, but when they have something that comes from someone other than you, well, then that's ok. Hopefully, your bank makes online statements available and that will make your job easier.

You really did come to the right thread. It's exactly what happened to the orginal poster, and once the proof was submitted, all her problems disappeared.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:08 PM

How about W-2s? I have those from 2012 and 2013 totaling way over the rework amount. What I don't understand is that since company yyy is the one who laid me off, the UIA KNOWS that I made over that amount because when I filed my claim I had to put down how much I made! It's a sad system.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:16 PM

I agree with what you are saying, but these people aren't paid to think. The 2012 W-2 will be of no value because it doesn't tell them when in 2012 that you earned the money. However, the 2013 should work, but remember, some of these UI workers are dense, and they want to see stubs so they can map the money by week because that is just what they do.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:19 PM

Okay I found the bank statements and my November statement includes three deposits that add up to more than the rework amount, so hopefully that will suffice along with my W-2's. I can't believe that this is what the whole issue is about and they didn't even tell me on the phone!!! Thank you SO much for your help.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:45 AM

3 posts, read 2,930 times
I need help with MES Act. Sec.28.(1)(c).it says i am ineligible....and what is the meaning of this act.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:20 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofwork66 View Post
I need help with MES Act. Sec.28.(1)(c).it says i am ineligible....and what is the meaning of this act.
It means you were NOT Able and Available to search for and perform work, per this (google is your friend):
Quote:
(c) The individual is able and available to appear at a location of the unemployment agency's choosing for evaluation of eligibility for benefits, if required, and to perform suitable full-time work of a character which the individual is qualified to perform by past experience or training, which is of a character generally similar to work for which the individual has previously received wages, and for which the individual is available, full time, either at a locality at which the individual earned wages for insured work during his or her base period or at a locality where it is found by the unemployment agency that such work is available.

An individual is considered unavailable for work under any of the following circumstances:

(i) The individual fails during a benefit year to notify or update a chargeable employer with telephone, electronic mail, or other information sufficient to allow the employer to contact the individual about available work.

(ii) The individual fails, without good cause, to respond to the unemployment agency within 14 calendar days of the later of the mailing of a notice to the address of record requiring the individual to contact the unemployment agency or of the leaving of a telephone message requesting a return call and providing a return name and telephone number on an automated answering device or with an individual answering the telephone number of record.

(iii) Unless the claimant shows good cause for failure to respond, mail sent to the individual's address of record is returned as undeliverable and the telephone number of record has been disconnected or changed or is otherwise no longer associated with the individual.

Michigan Legislature - Section 421.28
So, did you not keep in touch with an employment agency or previous employer?

Old 05-07-2016, 03:27 AM

3 posts, read 2,930 times
Default Michigan Unemploy. Issue 28(1) and 29(1)...

Michigan issue..working...off work in city robbed and shot. Off work under doctors care. Filed for unemployment. When asked by UA. Was i avai. And able to work. I answered no. Healing frm bullet in my body. Told i ws not eligible... NEED HELP.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:59 AM

You won't be eligible until you get a doctor to say that you are able to work. However, find the right kind of doctor. You don't have to be able to do your old job, just a job that has a commercial value.

For example, if there was a sufficient market for people to watch TV shows for a living that you could do from a hospital bed, then you could very well be found able and available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment