Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,438 times

Advertisements

I have a question. I was collecting unemployment benefits but recently was hired full time some where. My last continued claim form was for 1st week: 11/10/13 to 11/16/2013, 2nd week: 11/17/13 to 11/23/13. I was hired 11/16/13. My first date of work was 11/18/2013. My employer pay period was 11/16/13 to 11/29/13. I technically didn't start work until my 2nd week on the claim work. My question is, when I report my earnings during the 2nd week, do include my entire check or do I manually calculate my earnings for those days i worked during that 2nd week on the claim form? I have been keeping track myself of my hours from my time card, so i can do that, however when i submitted it that way the first time, i received a duplicate claim form telling me my earnings were incorrect? What do they want? The amount of my entire earnings (pre-tax) through the 29th even though that goes beyond the dates on my claim form? I am so confused. If so, will i still get paid for the 1st week that I did not work? If someone understands this, can you please help! You can't get through to EDD and I am having a heck of a time phrasing this in a google search to find my answer.
thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 08:45 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autie View Post
I manually calculate my earnings for those days i worked during that 2nd week on the claim form?
^This was the correct way to do it.

Not sure why you got the duplicate claim form, though.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:54 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Many people are experiencing what you are - CA is not accepting earnings as reported and then sends you another (duplicate) claim form to resubmit. One more of CA's computer snafus, although claim forms showing earnings are pretty much processed manually. However, there may something in the data entry process which creates unexplained problems.

Suggest you start calling very early in the a.m. to talk to a rep about this before resubmitting. Use suggestions on last few pages of this thread to get through:

Tips for getting through to a live body @ California EDD

Old 12-10-2013, 04:00 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,617 times
I got the same thing. I filled out my claim form completely, checked and rechecked it, signed it and sent it in. 2 weeks later, instead of getting my debit card with the funds I get another claim form with the same weeks. On top it says some info was wrong or not complete. I tried calling, got bounced around to different numbers and hung up on. So I did the message thing on the EDD website. We'll see how that turns out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment