Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 AM

2 posts, read 43,318 times

Advertisements

I am beyond frustrated. I have been trying to contact the unemployment agency for 4 weeks now every day 5-10 times per day and every time I call it says that they cannot accept calls due to heavy call volume. In the mean time I am owed several weeks of pay with no progress being made. Does anyone know what is going on or have any tips on how to get through?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 12:47 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,460,696 times
People reporting here are able to get through - start calling before their lines open in the early a.m. Just keep dialing until you are put into a queue.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:52 PM

2 posts, read 43,281 times
www.senate.michigan.gov/members/partymemberlist.htm

Contact your state rep, (mine was John Moolenaar), and speak with someone in their office. I had to do that because I could not get through on the 1-866-500-0017 number no matter how hard I have tried, and I tried calling from 7:30 a.m. until lunch and got nowhere on numerous occasions!

The letters they have on the MiWAM site are pathetically vague at best and you get no response from anyone. I even went to the PRO (problem resolution office) in Saginaw and got no help.

The office I called took my info and phone number and asked what I was trying to figure out and said they will contact me back. The lady I spoke with told me to keep trying and I told her I have tried and tried. She said they do have people working there but not enough to do one on one with so many unemployed people calling.

As far as being put in a queue, FORGET IT. When you call, they have you punch in your SSN, pin and birthdate AND THEN tell you they are to busy to take your call, they should be able to tell you that FIRST!!!

Last edited by RobInMI; 12-10-2013 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: link

Old 12-10-2013, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 43,318 times
Thank you RobInMI, I did as you suggested. Let's see if I hear back. This seems utterly unacceptable that no communication is occurring.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:07 PM

2 posts, read 43,281 times
It feels as if they are severely understaffed for the current conditions here in Michigan. I went to the PRO in Saginaw because that one is the closest to me even tough it's an hour away, and I was astonished by the amount of people in there and how long they had to wait just to get a question answered and that to was very vague at best in my opinion!

Old 01-07-2016, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 17,749 times
I have been trying for weeks and like everyone else I am not getting paid. I have tried the calling all day with the same results. I also received a number from my Michigan works office to receive a call back within 48 hours and so I have sat inside by my phone for 2 days afraid that if I leave the call will come in and now it's been 72 hours and no call. This is beyond ridiculous! How do they expect people to survive on nothing? I am over 5 weeks now without pay.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:21 AM

2 posts, read 33,447 times
My advice because I'm dealing with this same ****, THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THE FLINT WATER CRISIS WAS HANDLED>> ANYYYY THING STATE REGULATED IN MICHIGAN IS ****IN DISGRACE>> I MEAN THAT WITH ALL MY MIGHT>>> .. WHEN EVER YOU GUYS GET ON YOUR FEET !!!!!! MOVE AWAY FROM THIS RICK SNYDER RAN DUMP AS FAST YOU CAN>>> **** MICHIGAN PRIDe.. PROUD ABOUT HAVING TO SUFFER THREW LIFE BECAUSE OF A SYSTEM THAT SUPPOSE TO HELP PEOPLE IS ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING TO THE ridiculously high SUICIDE RATE

Old 12-29-2016, 08:31 AM

2 posts, read 33,447 times
SOUNDS CRAZY.. BUT IN A STATE THAT OBVIOUSLY DOESNT CARE ABOUT ITS CITIZENS.. BUT THE CRAZIEST ADVICE IM ABOUT TO GIVE CAN ACTUALLY HELP YOU MOVE AND FIND A BETTER LIFE ELSE WHERE... for all who struggle to get ahead and the systems that's suppose to help, isn't helping.. simple fix which might put you debt but atleast youd have money to move out of state and find a better life style.. Enroll in your local college take out the max loan amount, 2500-4500 and find a uhaul or two men in a truck, contact your family in the state you and your kids want to go and drop alllllllll of this stressful mentally challenging stuff, AND JUST RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOO Ive seen more than 32 people I know do this.... NOW their smiling... and working.. so it might be a ruff way to free yourself.. but bottom line it helps and it works

Old 01-04-2017, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 16,644 times
Still haven't gotten through to the UA yet. I filed my claim 5 weeks ago and they owe me 4 weeks of back pay. I have no idea what's going on. I know it can take up to 6 weeks to process a claim. I hope I can get through to the agency eventually. It's bull**** that I can't even get through!

Old 01-04-2017, 02:19 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,460,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLavitro View Post
Still haven't gotten through to the UA yet. I filed my claim 5 weeks ago and they owe me 4 weeks of back pay. I have no idea what's going on. I know it can take up to 6 weeks to process a claim. I hope I can get through to the agency eventually. It's bull**** that I can't even get through!
Immediately email your State of MI representative - find yours here:

http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment