Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,119 times

Advertisements

I have been on unemployment for a little less than 5 months. My payments are a few weeks late and I am sure that I filled out the continued claim form correctly. I read about congress delaying the extension of benefits but didn't think that would apply to me considering I haven't come to the end of the 26 week period. What is odd is that the payments have always been right on time before and now they are weeks late. I tried to re-certify via tele cert thinking that maybe my claim form got lost in the mail, but the message on telecert said I would have to wait to re-certify until the next payment which means EDD must have gotten the payment.

Could this be because of the extension issue going on right now? Does anybody have any suggestions for me? I am really stressed out because of a lack of money to pay bills and don't know when the payment is going to show up if at all.

Thanks for reading, any help or insight into the matter would be awesome!!

*Btw I am in California and my claim was coming close to the 6 month period but still had 1500 dollars or so left last time I checked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 03:16 PM

25,594 posts, read 56,396,816 times
If you have a state benefit balance, CA should be paying you. But, CA has been having a trouble paying consistently because of new computer software.

You need to call EDD and talk to a live person on the status of your claim. Use suggestions on the last 4-5 pages of this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post33613365

Old 02-25-2014, 08:14 PM

12,727 posts, read 14,906,632 times
I haven't gotten $ from EDD since Jan 1st. I finally called them & got a live person & I guess we determined that my last continued claim form back to them got lost in the mail...this isn't the 1st time this happened. They had to mail me 8 weeks worht of continued claim forms, which I mailed back right away. I think they got it this time because I got the email from Bank of America stating the next statement was available. Now, that's not the BofA email stating that $ has been put into my acct yet, but I'm expecting that any day now...I hope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment