Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 615 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I have seen in many places where people have advised that an applicant can/should contact one of their state legislators to try to get their non-monetary interview moved up; does anyone have any advice for an out-of-state worker looking to do the same?

I live in Bucks county, PA and have been working in Burlington county, NJ for three years. I originally (stupidly) filed with PA who eventually denied me late last month after several weeks of waiting. Correcting my mistake, i filed in NJ on March 30 but they have responded now that I must attend a non-monetary interview on April 23.

I'm very concerned my financial situation isn't going to be able to go on for yet another few weeks but I'm not sure who I would be able to contact to try and get the date moved up because I am not a NJ resident. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Anything at all would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 11:21 AM

14,500 posts, read 30,984,762 times
This is probably a case where you don't want to rush things. Filing in the wrong state first is a legitimate reason to get your claim backdated. You want to take your time with that monetary interview and make sure that the deputy gives you enough time so that you can fax in your PA denial so that you can get paid retro from the time you lost your job rather having to start from when you first filed in NJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment