Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 04:13 PM

44 posts, read 78,315 times

Advertisements

Appreciate the help.

im going to try to have all the facts and everything wrote down for reference.

its crazy how companys treat their workers and then deny benefits we have paid into our whole lives, meanwhile the border is wide open and if your an illegal alien and make it here youre given free money and food.

ok rant over lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 10:58 AM

This is crappy,
The letter that brings up the Able and available issue, says I need to send the local office any medical restriction papers I have and also an updated "job search"

I know cat has copies of the medical restrictions ive gave them... so do I really need to send them another copy?

Also is the job search deal something I can do online or does it need to be printed out?
Ive never done this before

I got these letters in the mail the 3rd.... then it was 4th of july weekend , and here it is monday and its the 7th already and the phone interview is on the 9th

Old 07-07-2014, 11:18 AM

14,500 posts, read 30,934,833 times
It doesn't matter that Cat. has the medical records. The state needs them because they are making the decision. You can chose to send in the medical records if you are going to persist that this is a medical issue, or you can skip sending them in, and try to fix your story that it was a demotion and pay cut that resulted in your separation. I just don't know how far you dug yourself in.

You need to send in your job search records because when you use medical, the state wants to see that your work search is appropriate because people that are too sick to work don't usually look for work. You can mail them or fax them, but it's unlikely that a web submission is available to you. Just follow the instructions on the letter.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:13 PM

184 posts, read 314,318 times
How did the phone interview go?

Old 07-10-2014, 03:14 PM

Pretty good I think.

I wrote up a page and printed it explaining the whole situation, I sent that and a packet of other pages (restriction,jobsearch) in via express mail.

When he called I asked if he had the packet and he said no but it might be in the building somewhere.

One of the things they used to contest was that I wasnt keeping dirrect contact with the supervisor... well, they ate there own foot because I sent them a copy of a instructional sheet the company medical office gave me, the sheet stated to call in the hotline daily (which I did) and nowhere does it say to also contact a supervisor.

I stressed that I wanted to quit immediately once I found out it was a demotion and a job I had no experience in, but I wanted to follow company rules and exhaust all options and give them every chance to correct matters.
I explained how I was told I would have to do the job unless I had medical restrictions so as a last option felt coerced into going that route.

He said how the company told me I was not seen to need restrictions by the company medical and was released to work, which was a flat out lie and explained that to him.

I explained how this is the first time ive ever been out of work and wasnt trying to "get over on anybody"

Of course he couldnt show sympathy but I kind of sensed it from him, he sounded like a down to earth guy so I think it went good.

The company was not on the line, he explained how he would call them next.
He said I could possibly get a call back depending on what the company had to say, but sofar no calls.

I guess I just wait for a letter in the mail with the findings. Even if Im approved I feel the company will take it to the next step but for now i can just hope and pray.

Thanks for the concern

Old 07-28-2014, 09:30 AM

Well... I got a letter back a couple weeks ago saying I wouldnt get benefits up to that date since my job search records didnt show I was looking for a job but would be elgible once I met that requirement.

They never said how I am supposed to meet that requirement... I been getting on the online job search website and it shows I been viewing or applying for at least 5 jobs per week if I click on "job search records", I dont know if this is enough or if im supposed to print and mail it off.

I tried calling but after waiting 20 minutes gave up and sent them an email through the website, I didnt get an email back, just a voice message to my phone saying to call if I had more questions.

Any idea how I would meet the requirement and show im searching for a job?
thanks

Old 07-28-2014, 12:02 PM

You can't wait weeks. The second you got the letter, you appeal it because you were searching for work. I hope it's not too late. To get your claim started from now, you have to "reopen" it. You're going to have to wait on hold.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:12 PM

Crap,

Ya the letter had me guessing because it said i was elgible once i met the job search requirements so I figured once i certified the next week I would be good since i established a job search record.

Anyway the determination was mailed on 7/16
and
said deny effective the weeks of 6/15-6/28

so... would i get benefits paid from 6/28 to present?

I waited 45 minutes on hold with ides office and the man told me I would need to file an appeal.

I printed my job search records and appeal form and getting ready to drop it off at post office.

The job search is weird though... they all say "awaiting outcome" next to the job applied for.
Theres a drop down menu where you can change from awaiting outcome to , not hired, did not apply, hired, etc...

But when I change it- it reverts back to awaiting outcome when I print the search records or when I log out and back in they are all reset to "awaiting outcome"

I hope this isnt an issue, is the record enough or they want to see the outcome or dig deeper?

Old 07-28-2014, 12:39 PM

They only care that you applied or looked. If you get hired, you wouldn't be claiming anymore so it doesn't matter.

You'll get benefits all the way back to when you should have been eligible after you appeal.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:45 AM

Ive received 2 letters now saying...

"Your payment was withheld because your deductions are equal to or greater than your weekly benefit amount"

Then itjust says below

weeks paid
7/19 - UI - deducts exceed wba- wba $330 - dependency allowance $0 - total deductions $330 - recoup $0 - child support $0 - net benefits $0

says the same for the second week.

then under weekly detail it says "unavailable days=5" unavailable deduction $330

why the bleep is it saying 5 unavailable days?

i havnt heard back reguarding the appeal i sent them but have now got 2 of these letters and just dont understand what deductions they are talking about.

this is becoming joke level rediculous, im feeling like id rather work a dead end job at fast food than continue to beg for these benefits after being wrongfully terminated from my job.

any clue what this is about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment