Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 12:55 AM

28 posts, read 32,549 times

Advertisements

I had my phone interview today. I feel I did pretty well, and Thanks to Adrian gave me the policy and recent cases that support my situation, but I am curios how many interviews get denied even when you know you shouldnt be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 03:17 AM

70 posts, read 102,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kombatarts99 View Post
I had my phone interview today. I feel I did pretty well, and Thanks to Adrian gave me the policy and recent cases that support my situation, but I am curios how many interviews get denied even when you know you shouldnt be.
That's a tough question to answer...it widely depends on the interviewer and how the interviewee responds to questions that are asked.

I had my first interview back in May, which centered around why I quit my job at the time to take on a substantially higher paying job that ultimately got yanked out from under my feet. All I had in terms of valid proof of the job offer were text messages and an email, but my interviewer wasn't interested in having me submit any evidence-she gave me a talk about riots in SF from disgruntled workers and labor issues, told me I should never have made the move without a valid, signed offer letter, took sympathy in my case, and approved me for benefits on the spot.

I just had my second interview last week because I was working at a food service job (not my usual line work) that was causing severe back pain, and I wanted to go into the field I've had over 13 years of experience in (sales and marketing, also much easier on my back). The food service job had a guaranteed salary, and the sales job was commissioned based. My second interviewer was pleasant, but more direct and focused her questions around the guaranteed pay vs potential pay, and I lost, even though I stuck to the points that I thought sounded effective and compelling. I've read so many times on these threads that people often say too much during their interviews and end up shooting themselves in the foot, resulting in denials.

I hope you get approved for your benefits-Ariadne22 and Chyvan have been a huge help with my (complex) case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment