Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:52 AM

32 posts, read 37,583 times

Advertisements

This is what the judge emailed me on Friday which is great! Thank you so much for your help!
"The decision went out Wednesday. You “tolled out” the quit as of week ending1/3/15 and are eligible for benefits as of week 1/4/15."

How do I get the money to start going into my account? I've been claiming benefits the entire time. Should I just call the NJ call center and ask when the retroactive benefits will be deposited?

Thanks again for all your assistance and support.
Winter 123
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 10:23 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
If the claims are in the system, NJ should be paying those weeks within the next ten days, probably a lot earlier. If you don't see any money by Thursday, earliest, call NJ. NJ is usually prompt on payment of retro weeks.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:58 PM

Hi,
NJ is saying it more like 4-5 weeks after an appeals hearing to see retroactive payment in your bank account, just and FYI for anybody reading this post. According to the phone service North Jersey is just really backed up.

I have to submit disability papers for my pregnancy. I assume, if possible, I should have the school list the last day I worked as 11/6/14 so it matches my resignation date? Eventhough, my real last date of work was 12/19/14… The HR person asked me what date to list.

Thanks, just checking.
Winter123

Old 05-01-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter123 View Post
NJ is saying it more like 4-5 weeks after an appeals hearing to see retroactive payment in your bank account,
Most NJ posters we've heard from over the past year or so have had their retro payments in under two weeks. A year or two back, when EUC was part of the picture, retro could take longer, but not lately. Maybe the state is having cash flow problems and/or losing a lot of appeals.

The way around this is to FAX the decision directly to NJ. Sometimes the decisions don't make it into the pipeline for a while. But, again, this is the way things were - not they've been lately.

If you want your money, now - contact NJ about faxing the decision. That usually takes care of it.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 05-01-2015 at 01:37 PM..

Old 05-01-2015, 09:03 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter123 View Post
I have to submit disability papers for my pregnancy. I assume, if possible, I should have the school list the last day I worked as 11/6/14 so it matches my resignation date?
Disability and UI don't always mix. It's my understanding that you worked until 12/31 when your fulltime job fired you. If you try to claim disability into a time period earlier on, you run a terrible risk of lying on your claim form regarding able and available.

Disability is for when you can't work, like in the time just prior to delivery and whatever your doctor says is necessary for you to recover and be able to work.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:03 AM

Ariadne22,
Do you just recommend I fax the decision to the general NJ fax listed under "contact us"? See below from the NJ Dept. of Labor web site.

If you have questions about unemployment insurance, you may contact us by FAX or mail. Our office hours are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). If you would like us to review your unemployment claim, please provide your full name and social security number or Claimant Identification Number so we can access your claim.

FAX: (609) 633-2884
Mailing Address: Division of Unemployment Insurance
Customer Service Office
PO Box 058
Trenton, NJ 08625-0058

Old 05-07-2015, 11:19 AM

Not before you call a rep and verify exactly which fax no. to use.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:37 AM

Chyvan,
I was told by NJ unemployment to file for disability four weeks before my due date because in the state of NJ you get 4 weeks before your due date and 6-8 weeks after your delivery(depending on if you have natural or c-section) and you must combine disability with unemployment as far as I understand. I am not trying to claim disability earlier on, just 4 weeks prior to my delivery even still, previous employers have to answer questions on the paperwork about my end date which is why I was asking what to list for the community college. Shall I put 11/6(the date I resigned and the date listed on my unemployment hearing) or 12/19(my actual last day)?

Thanks,
Winter123

Old 05-07-2015, 06:09 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
I still think you want to go with 12/31 because it was the LAST day you worked for your LAST employer, and let the NJ figure out the rest because I don't want them to discover the error that was made regarding 11/6 and 12/19, and I don't think you want to go through this again.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:07 PM

Hi,
I just wanted to post and let everybody know that I heard from Trenton, NJ today verifying my bank account number and saying that I'd be receiving 18 weeks of benefits into my account within the next 48 hours. Chyvan and Ariadne22, thank you so much for your help! I'm so glad to finally be getting my benefits! I also wanted to let others in NJ know that it is 4 weeks and 2 days after winning my appeal hearing that I will be getting benefits. I also emailed Chris Christie this week(which probably did nothing) and emailed the appeal determination letter in my favor to the Unemployment Supervisor in Jersey City/Union City. She did not respond and I also was unsuccessful at reaching her via phone or fax so I have no idea if emailing her my appeal determination letter expedited getting a response from Trenton. Below is a link to the listing of Supervisors from different counties in NJ:
Workforce Development Directory

Thanks again!
Winter123
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment