Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 12:05 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times

Advertisements

Did it give you instructions for submitting evidence? Working backwards from that is how you view the evidence that will be used against you. We need to know what's there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 07:40 AM

21 posts, read 16,866 times
It says, "any documents to be entered as exhibits should be faxed or mailed to the administrative law judge as soon as possible. Please refer to the information below for the direct fax number of the administrative law judge or for the mailing address of the appeals group. Exhibits must arrive 24 hours in advance of the hearing and must also be sent to the opposing side. Unless provided to the local office prior to issuance of the notice exhibits not in the hands of both the administrative of law judge and the opposing side prior to the hearing may not be considered. Include docket number all exhibits."

Thanks,

Old 07-12-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANYERJ04 View Post
be sent to the opposing side.
This means you're probably having a phone hearing and you need to watch your mailbox. As you've told the story, I don't think you have any evidence just yet. It will depend on what you get from your employer.

Quote:
Unless provided to the local office prior to issuance of the notice
This makes me think that you might have some evidence paperwork that came with your notice. Do you?

Old 07-12-2016, 08:03 AM

Hi, no I provided evidence for the first hearing, the adjudicator asked me to email it to him. Can I send it to you directly so that you can look it over?

Old 07-12-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Hi, no I provided evidence for the first hearing,
You need to be very precise with your language. As you told the story, you have NOT had a hearing. You had a phone interview. So what is it?

If the evidence that you gave because of your phone interview has not been given back to you as part of the evidence for this hearing, then it doesn't exist.

Only what is presented at your actual hearing can become evidence.

I'm also working off the assumption that you told the UI people that you were fired, and it's your employer that's saying that you quit. In that case, you really don't have any evidence just yet. If the employer responds with nothing, there's a good chance they'll be a no-show at the hearing, and we don't have to complicate things.

You saying you were fired + an employer no-show = approval

Old 07-12-2016, 08:53 AM

Sorry about that, that is correct I have not yet had a hearing I had the initial phone interview because they denied the claim.

No, I did not receive anything back as far as what I submitted to them I only received the letter for the hearing next Wednesday.

That is correct I did tell him that I was fired, and he determined that I left voluntarily.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
That is correct I did tell him that I was fired, and he determined that I left voluntarily.
Good. I can work with this. For now, I just need you to watch your mailbox for paperwork from your employer. Come back if you get anything.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:55 AM

Okay, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Old 07-19-2016, 06:22 AM

Update: As of today I have not received any evidence that my previous employer has provided although the mail has not run today. I have my hearing scheduled for tomorrow at 12:30pm and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-19-2016, 12:04 PM

If you get nothing in the mail today, and at your hearing there happens to be evidence from your employer, you must be strong and OBJECT to it's admission at your hearing on the grounds that you didn't get it within the 24 hour period as stated on your hearing notice. This is very important. There are judges in threads on here where it seems like they just went through the motions of admitting things and because the claimant didn't speak up, it was used against them.

One of two things should happen, the judge will throw it out and not use it OR they might reschedule the hearing so you have time to get it.

This could be an indication also that your employer won't be fighting you at the hearing so things are looking brighter for now anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment