Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 88,090 times

Advertisements

I certified online this past Sunday on CA EDD's website like I normally do. It is now Friday and my claim has been stuck on pending certification. I have had no changes to my claim and I even checked to make sure my claim was filled out and answered correctly. I have tried to call but cannot get through and my messages through UI online have gone unanswered. Anyone else in California not receive payment for these last two weeks from EDD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 88,049 times
I'm currently in the same boat. I certified this past Sunday (day before Memorial Day) and my certification is still "pending". I've typically gotten paid out within day of certifying. Even with the holiday taken into account, I'm a little on edge as it's now Thursday and the end of the month with bills are coming due. Have you gotten paid out yet for those weeks? Have you been able to get through to EDD?

Old 06-06-2018, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 88,707 times
I'm also having the same problem. I certified on Sunday (June 3), and status says "pending." Did you guys end up getting paid? How long did it take?

Old 06-06-2018, 02:22 PM

8 posts, read 93,523 times
I certified on June 3rd and got paid already. Status went to paid after certifying online and got the payment a few days later.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 86,698 times
Did you end up getting paid? What was the hold up?

Old 10-17-2018, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 86,885 times
My certification is also stuck at "pending" since Monday a.m. (usually shows "paid" almost immediately & payment received that same evening). Anyone have any insight on this?

Last edited by younghutch; 10-17-2018 at 11:10 AM..

Old 10-21-2018, 07:55 AM

11 posts, read 152,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younghutch View Post
My certification is also stuck at "pending" since Monday a.m. (usually shows "paid" almost immediately & payment received that same evening). Anyone have any insight on this?
Have you gotten it yet younghutch? I did my certification at 1:00 am this morning and it was pending but as of 6:03 am today, it said:

Week 1 Certification Status
Paid for week ending 10/13/2018

Week 2 Certification Status
Paid for week ending 10/20/2018

I am in San Diego, CA. So it’s working on my end. I just registered for Caljobs this morning and uploaded a current resume but I would say I’ve been getting benefits for at least 5 weeks. Not sure if it would say disqualified or pending though if that was the issue for you.

My last certification period (10/07) I filed on Monday Oct 8th, at 5:25pm, and it said Paid pretty much immediately. The money was loaded in my card by 7:19pm the same day. It’s super quick!

Old 10-25-2018, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 86,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjay22 View Post
Have you gotten it yet younghutch? I did my certification at 1:00 am this morning and it was pending but as of 6:03 am today, it said:

Week 1 Certification Status
Paid for week ending 10/13/2018

Week 2 Certification Status
Paid for week ending 10/20/2018

I am in San Diego, CA. So it’s working on my end. I just registered for Caljobs this morning and uploaded a current resume but I would say I’ve been getting benefits for at least 5 weeks. Not sure if it would say disqualified or pending though if that was the issue for you.

My last certification period (10/07) I filed on Monday Oct 8th, at 5:25pm, and it said Paid pretty much immediately. The money was loaded in my card by 7:19pm the same day. It’s super quick!
Hi EMjay22, I am in San Diego also and almost in the same exact situation as you (certification was submitted early Sunday afternoon on 10/21 and my Caljobs was completed months ago). Week ending 10-13-2018 was paid Monday morning but I am still awaiting payment on week ending 10-20-2018. I have been receiving benefits for months! Getting pretty nervous as I need these funds to secure housing by tomorrow. I sent a message to EDD but they respond within 5-7 business days. Please keep me updated if you see a change in payment status and I will do the same.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 85,936 times
Same here. I'm in Bakersfield. I certified on Sunday and it still says pending, and it's Tuesday. NOT OKAY!! Obviously they know how important it is for us to receive it.
Damn.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:18 PM

50 posts, read 182,556 times
I certified Sunday, and it says paid, but it hasn't paid out yet. It still shows the payment made on 10/28, but my dollar amount of benefits has updated. I don't understand why it's not paying. I usually get mine really quick and because of the holiday I figured it would be a little delayed but I'm kinda worried.

I'm sure it will update tonight. If not, I'd get on the phone tomorrow am and call them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment