Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 11:24 AM

17 posts, read 7,785 times

Advertisements

Today 12/11/18 I was fired without giving any warnings about my work performance I was told that I was not producing the manufacture parts up to the company standards he called it a subordination they would tell me how to do it and I would not produce the parts up to there standard. In my defense I will say lack of training because they have very high standards in that company I was hired on as a shop helper/driver.

He also said that that’s the reason I was getting let go was because I had been injured twice in six months of employment And again I believe it is was because lack of training on how to properly use the tools.

Should I pursue unemployment? I have not filed yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 11:38 AM

102,146 posts, read 107,459,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugfree20 View Post
Today 12/11/18 I was fired without giving any warnings about my work performance I was told that I was not producing the manufacture parts up to the company standards he called it a subordination they would tell me how to do it and I would not produce the parts up to there standard. In my defense I will say lack of training because they have very high standards in that company I was hired on as a shop helper/driver.

He also said that that’s the reason I was getting let go was because I had been injured twice in six months of employment And again I believe it is was because lack of training on how to properly use the tools.

Should I pursue unemployment? I have not filed yet
Just curious; did you tell them, you hadn't been adequately trained, and you were doing your best? Someone hired as a driver, and a "helper" is expected to turn out precision parts? Something's wrong with this picture, and it isn't you. I wonder if they have a fair amount of turnover like this.Sounds like they don't want to pay an expert machinist, so they're having the drivers do the work. Set up to fail. (Referring mainly to their operation, but you were set up, too, it sounds like.)

Old 12-11-2018, 12:01 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,122,788 times
You should apply for unemployment in any case. you never know.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:21 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugfree20 View Post
Should I pursue unemployment?
Yes, but SHUT UP. When you apply for UI, all you are required to say is that you were "fired," and do NOT say anything else. Do NOT do a phone interview. ONLY your employer knows the real reason he fired you. Anything you say is nothing but speculation, but when you say it, it looks like a confession.

If you get denied, then come back, and we'll work on your appeal.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:24 PM

Do I walk in to the unemployment office or call the number ??

Old 12-11-2018, 12:43 PM

You apply on line.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:50 PM

Ok I’ll do that now so on the statement or issues reason I’m just going to type in fired

Old 12-11-2018, 01:12 PM

Exactly. Do NOT tell this story.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:01 AM

I accidentally answered the call for unemployment and I was told that the employer sent in a letter stating that I was fired for insubordination refusing to do yard work. Which is lie

After my work load was complete I was the lead what to next. He said to speak with the supervisor for next instruction. I went and spoke with the supervisor and he said to go out to back and clean the yard. So I did and stated to clean the yard out in the back of the shop. After 10 min he was in the back with me and so I told him I would be done In 10 min what is there next to do. He was thinking and I offered to leave early if the was not a lot of work to do that day. He said he was going to ask the shop owner if it was ok. After 10 min he came back and said the shop owner wanted to speak with shop owner to ask for permission. then I was terminated. I was told because I wasn’t producing quality parts up to their standard and I that I been injured in his shop 2 times since being employed there. He never mentioned that I was refuseing work at the moment when I was cleaning the yard in the back this is what I told the lady from unemployment.i also told the lady from unemployment that i record video of the conversation when I was terminated and that the owner never mentioned refuseing work which I do have the recording

Last edited by Sugfree20; 01-04-2019 at 10:13 AM..

Old 01-04-2019, 10:25 AM

Why do you keep talking?

All you needed to say to the UI worker is, "that didn't happen," and be done with it.

If you get denied, come back to work on your appeal, but you need to learn to SHUT UP! It doesn't matter what really happened. What matters is can the employer correctly prove that you did what they said you did, and does that bad act rise to the level of misconduct.

It's possible that even if the employer proves this "I was fired for insubordination refusing to do yard work," could be that you weren't hired to do yard work, and since it wasn't your job, you had every right not to do it, and that's NOT misconduct even if it is insubordination. The extreme example would be if the boss hands the executive secretary rubber gloves, a scrub brush, and toilet cleaner and wants her to clean the bathroom because he decided to save money by letting go of the cleaning stuff. She has every right to say, "NO!" and if she's fired for it, she's getting UI.

You making excuses for yourself doesn't usually work that well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment