U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 AM

166 posts, read 413,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen0000 View Post
When you intially file for benefits, you are asked what the classification of the type of work you do is (ie: clerical, managerial, welding, whatever). Once you are classified, if you choose to return to full-time school you can be declared ineligible because your school would "interfere" with your normal type of work....unless you say you _would_ quit school for a job.

There's a buncha "if's" in that, but the bottom line is to try not to get classified in the wrong place; and to say that you're willing---no matter what---to go back to work above anything else happening in your life.
All of that is certainly true. It is very easy to get disqualified. Be very careful how you answer all their questions on your weekly reports as well as the applications. If you even fib about a $50.00 week part time job and your employer is paying in you could find yourself in trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 07:32 PM

2 posts, read 15,795 times
what you were fire because of crimnal record but not convicted can you get you unemployment?

Old 12-07-2009, 10:30 PM

135 posts, read 285,402 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeatlanta5 View Post
what you were fire because of crimnal record but not convicted can you get you unemployment?

YES

Old 12-08-2009, 09:02 AM

11,869 posts, read 23,180,185 times
Quote:

I need a grammatically correct translation. Not that it matters since the OP is from last Spring but I really don't understand this response. Is it, "Were you fired because you had a criminal record and even though you weren't convicted, now you cannot get unemployment?" If a person has a criminal record doesn't that mean they were convicted? Or does having a criminal record mean you were just charged with a crime? And is maeatlanta writing to us from prison and wants to collect unemployment?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 15,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifetimeLocal View Post
YES
thanks for that comment i had my appeal to day my employer didnot show up .will i have a better chance?

Old 12-20-2009, 12:37 AM

166 posts, read 413,491 times
Default Employer no show

Quote:
thanks for that comment i had my appeal to day my employer didnot show up .will i have a better chance?
If you don't win it will be because the UIC leans so far towards the employer. It should an automatic win for you especially if the employer didn't, prior to your trial, call and reschedule the trial. I am sure if they did you would have been informed so you should have it made.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,551 times
What to expect at an unemployment appeal in pa?

Old 03-12-2012, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 1,735 times
it was determined that I was entitled for uc benefits, but I was working at the time of receiving benefits, so I have an overpayment with 16 penalty weeks added. The employer claimed I worked for them, I did, but not during the timeframe they indicated I received benefits. This happened back in the year 2009. Any suggestion on what my appeal reason should be........or how to appeal this determination?? This is my only source of income right now. Uc PA calling it fraud.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 1,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snydcm1 View Post
What to expect at an unemployment appeal in pa?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarman View Post
August of last year we started a very successful business. I was employed as with another company. This past August, I resigned from the other employer. However, because of the economy, our sales took a tremendous nose dive and income was not generated. I applied for Unemployment benefits and was denied, since i voluntarry resigned.

should I appeal the ineligiblity decision, since the current business is not generating any income? If so, how should I go about it?

You should reapply for your old job back, once they denied employment, then reapply for benefits providing them a copy of the letter from your employer denying you your old job back.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 404 times
I applied for unemployment Benefits here in atlanta ga. and was denied i was a chef requiring me to stand on my feet 8-10 hours a day i had to have a serious abdominal hernia operation and could not return to perform my duties so i had to resign
i have only received a letter from the board of review stating they have received my appeal... it has been three weeks and i have not heard from them can anyone shed some light on this subject Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment