U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 11:14 AM

2,111 posts, read 6,899,277 times

Advertisements

[quote=lisam022;8154313]
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
I probably have to do that next week. Do you have the number you called, which office? I would hate making the trip to Perth Amboy if I can get through by phone.[/quote

The number I used is 856-507-2340 or you can use 732-761-2029. I found the best time to call is after 2 p.m., you still have to wait on hold for about 1/2 hour even though they will say the wait time is an hour.
Thanks so much lisam!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,883 times
I have been on unemployment for about 52 wks now. The last that I knew, I still had 7wks left on my claim. Now, suddenly I got a letter in the mail stating that I am going into the EB benefits. I thought that I would exhaust my tier II, then it would go into the EB benetits. Was I wrong?

Old 04-02-2009, 08:25 PM

73 posts, read 254,900 times
people people, stay calm. this is how it works and how the order is.

first, anyone on tier 1 or 2 currently got the EB letter now. dont worry so much about that at the moment.

you get your 26 week unemployment claim then

if you qualify you get tier 1 then

if you qualify you get tier 2 then

once you exhaust tier 2, and you qualify, you getthe EB

it has to be in that order. you cant go from lets say tier 1 right to eb and skip tier 2.

again, its: 26 week claim >tier 1 extension > tier 2 extension > and then EB extension.

the order will never be changed or be modified. if you just finished your 26 weeks, you are going on to tier 1

if you finished tier 1 or you are goin on to tier 2

if you finished tier 2 you are going on to EB

this is assuming you qualify. that is the order. plain and simple.

you may have gotten the EB notice now but it may be quite a while before you are going to use it. follow the order I just listed.

Folks, I cant stress enought that many people have gotten "comfortable" with tier 1 and 2 becuase the stae has not folled up in any way to check to see if you are searching for work. with the EB extension, all people receiving it will have to submit 3 attempts you made for employment for each week you collect it with the name and number of who you spoke to at that give location. just keep that in mind.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 PM

2,111 posts, read 6,899,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeNJ2009 View Post

again, its: 26 week claim >tier 1 extension > tier 2 extension > and then EB extension.

Folks, I cant stress enought that many people have gotten "comfortable" with tier 1 and 2 becuase the state has not followed up in any way to check to see if you are searching for work. with the EB extension, all people receiving it will have to submit 3 attempts you made for employment for each week you collect it with the name and number of who you spoke to at that give location. just keep that in mind.
They seem to state this requirement but have you started EB or know anyone who had to provide "attempts" at searching for employment yet for EB?

Old 04-03-2009, 06:03 AM

516 posts, read 1,143,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeNJ2009 View Post

first, anyone on tier 1 or 2 currently got the EB letter now. dont worry so much about that at the moment.

you get your 26 week unemployment claim then

if you qualify you get tier 1 then

if you qualify you get tier 2 then

once you exhaust tier 2, and you qualify, you getthe EB

it has to be in that order. you cant go from lets say tier 1 right to eb and skip tier 2.

the order will never be changed or be modified. if you just finished your 26 weeks, you are going on to tier 1

if you finished tier 1 or you are goin on to tier 2

if you finished tier 2 you are going on to EB

this is assuming you qualify. that is the order. plain and simple.

you may have gotten the EB notice now but it may be quite a while before you are going to use it. follow the order I just listed.

Folks, I cant stress enought that many people have gotten "comfortable" with tier 1 and 2 becuase the stae has not folled up in any way to check to see if you are searching for work. with the EB extension, all people receiving it will have to submit 3 attempts you made for employment for each week you collect it with the name and number of who you spoke to at that give location. just keep that in mind.
Hi Mike, that was helpful.

I just want to know when tier II kicks in after tier I. I didn't receive anything in the mail and tier I is about to run out.

This whole thing is so scarey.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:18 AM

5,618 posts, read 12,782,321 times
years and years ago, you used to have to submit your job calls, interviews, searches on the mail back unemployment form, so this is the way it used to be!

Old 04-03-2009, 08:12 AM

37 posts, read 124,618 times
These questions are for MIKENJ2009

On EB, do you have to join a job agency? If so, can they make you take a temp job, or can you apply for perm. jobs only if they make us sign up with a job agency. And how far can they make us drive?
Can you use one of the searches as sending resumes to places online? And would you just list the email and address online of where you sent your resume as the varifable info for unemployment. Also, can you submit your resume to desired places of work even though they are not listed as hiring for a certain position?

Old 04-03-2009, 08:19 AM

37 posts, read 124,618 times
Opps, forgot one question. Also, after EB will there be more, i heard something about extentions going till Decemeber 2009. Does anyone know?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 PM

48 posts, read 165,938 times
People dont listen to Mikenj a few weeks ago he was posting on here that there was nothing after Tier 2, so take it upon yourself to get answers from unemployment. Yes there is EB, and all of these extensions are automatically filed within 2 weeks of the last check of whatever you were on. After the claim year is up, you have to file a new claim, but most likely you wont be eligible for it. Its just the process they have..Then you most likely will have to go to the unem office and speak to someone they will renew the existing claim and file for any back weeks you might have not received. Aside from that the Extensions are automatically filed, and you wont know while your receiving an extension, you will have to collect the full extension then within 2 weeks, you should receive a notice about the next extension. If you dont receive it go back to unemployment. IF YOU SEARCH ON THE LWD WEBSITE THERE IS A LINK THAT SAYS EXTENDED BENEFITS, CLICK ON THAT AND IT WILL ANSWER ALL ELIGIBILITY QUESTIONS.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:30 PM

73 posts, read 254,900 times
"People dont listen to Mikenj "

*********!

I posted a few weeks ago becuase I didnt know the answers at that time, and now I do. My point is that everybody keeps asking questions here like we are the unemployment office. I got sick of being confused. I got in my car, and drove down to the unemployment office and asked all my questions in person and now I am posting what I have been told, in person, by NJ unemployment. They said it to me yet again " they will be very strict with the EB extension" they WILL be all over people on the eb extension. the siad there is obviously not enough manpower but randomly, they will check into the sheets that random people turn in each week. That is all im trying to say here. Many of you ( and yes inclusing myself ) keep asking here. why not hop in your car and go to the office and getthe facts. that is what I just did. If you out of work, then you have the time to go down there and getthe facts.

bottom line. 26 weeks > tier 1 > tier 2 > EB ( you cannot have worked not a single day between the date of your origional claim and the automatic filing of the EB or you will not get it )

Instead of wondering if im getting correct info or "reading" on the NJ site, I went to the office and got specific answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment