Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 08:24 AM

336 posts, read 1,296,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davnj View Post
not sure it was a yellow form version of the regular blue unemployment form with an extra part on top where you list the places where you tried to find work and mail it separately.

You still need to call in to claim your benefits, just sending in the form does not claim benefits.

Last edited by 0706772; 08-08-2009 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 01:17 PM

3 posts, read 9,225 times
you mean call the reemployment call center? also can it be claimed online.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:39 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,951,215 times
Quote:
not sure it was a yellow form version of the regular blue unemployment form with an extra part on top where you list the places where you tried to find work and mail it separately.
Tier II is blue where you do not list jobs. EB is like tan and yellow with a piece at the top to list jobs. You mail it on Fri, certify the following Mon to Wed, whenever they tell you. After the day you certify, it takes 2-3 days to get a check/stub. The previous question to you was are you on Tier II or EB?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:40 PM

Yes, I claim online on Mon, receive direct deposit/stub on Wed.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:07 PM

336 posts, read 1,296,000 times
Quote:
you mean call the reemployment call center? also can it be claimed online.

Yes, you can claim on line or call in. The only thing that changes when you go on EB is that you fill out the yellow form.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 PM

9 posts, read 24,542 times
I have been out of work since Aug. 08. My regular unemployment benefits have ended and now my 1st extension is ending Aug. 27th 09. I have yet to find work. or get into a training school. Is there a 2nd round of extension. PLEASE WILL SOMEBODY ANYBODY just answer the question. thanks

Old 08-09-2009, 07:10 PM

516 posts, read 1,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2242sw View Post
I have been out of work since Aug. 08. My regular unemployment benefits have ended and now my 1st extension is ending Aug. 27th 09. I have yet to find work. or get into a training school. Is there a 2nd round of extension. PLEASE WILL SOMEBODY ANYBODY just answer the question. thanks
Looks like you're on tier I extension benefits which is a total of 20 weeks. Then after tier I, there is another extension called tier II which is a total of 13 weeks. If you qualified for the first tier, you probably will get tier II. After that there is an extension called EB, which is a total of 20 weeks. EB is a little more strict than the first two tiers.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, you are in the thread regarding your question. You will find a lot of info here.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:52 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,975,636 times
Quote:
There are currently 4 levels of unemployment benefits in New Jersey:
(1) Initial unemployment benefits (UB - 26 weeks)
(2) Emergency unemployment benefits Tier I (EUC Tier I - 20 weeks)
(3) Emergency unemployment benefits Tier II (EUC Tier II - 13 weeks)
(4) Extended benefits (EB - 20 weeks)

Unemployment automatically files for each extension for you. You are informed in writing when you are awarded the extension. Usually this happens seamlessly -- and your benefits continue automatically.

If you don't receive notification of the next extension within a few days after you receive your last check for the level you are completing, it's a good idea to call or stop by your local Unemployment -- just to ensure that there wasn't an unexpected glitch in the system.

For example, at the one year anniversary of your initial claim, you need to refile your claim to continue to claim extended benefits. You mention that your initial claim was filed in August 2008. If you haven't renewed your original claim yet, you should do so this month so there will be no delay in continuing benefits.

Give Unemployment a call -- or stop by your local office to renew your claim. Be sure that you tell Unemployment that you are renewing a claim. Do not file a new claim -- that will only confuse the system and could delay continuation of your benefits.

All of this is explained at the website:
Department of Labor and Workforce Development | Unemployment Insurance Extension Programs (http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/ui/content/UIExtendedBenefitProgram.html - broken link)

In addition, the other threads here on Unemployment Benefits in New Jersey and the various levels of extensions are very good sources of information if you run into a snag or want to know what to expect. You can locate them through a simple search.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:55 PM

7 posts, read 13,926 times
I was laid off on October 14, 2008. I received my 26 weeks and then was told to start calling again on May 13, 2009 for another 14 weeks. I have two more checks coming to me. But have I already exhausted my tier 1 & 2? Or were those weeks just for tier 1 and I still have tier 2 coming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment