U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM

336 posts, read 1,130,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyos1 View Post
I just tried to claim my weekly benefits (I'm on Tier-2) and received a message " . . . not payable at this time . . . will receive credit for weeks claimed." Anyone know what this means? I can't get anyone on the phone.
I'm going with diorgirl on this and say you are at the one years mark of collecting unemployment. It may only take them a few minutes to make the fix, but you maybe on hold for up to one hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 03:40 PM

14 posts, read 38,502 times
Thanks, guys. You're probably right, since I am at the one-year point. I appreciate the help.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:44 PM

4 posts, read 8,724 times
Received my "last" check for 1 week not 2 as the balance was only for 1 week. Do I need to do anything to begin the Tier 1 and Tier 2 that from reading all the posts I should be eligible for??? Or will I be mailed the paperwork to continue to claim??? Any help would be great thank u!!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:00 PM

3,814 posts, read 10,233,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetermiler View Post
Received my "last" check for 1 week not 2 as the balance was only for 1 week. Do I need to do anything to begin the Tier 1 and Tier 2 that from reading all the posts I should be eligible for??? Or will I be mailed the paperwork to continue to claim??? Any help would be great thank u!!
Your second post on this subject is #543 in this thread. The most recent response to a similar question is in post #519.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 PM

181 posts, read 532,808 times
Despite paying all of my taxes, I don't qualify for unemployment as my employer was not US based.

Sucks or what??!! Do you think I can get my taxes back??

Old 08-20-2009, 09:28 PM

336 posts, read 1,130,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gessa View Post
Despite paying all of my taxes, I don't qualify for unemployment as my employer was not US based.

Sucks or what??!! Do you think I can get my taxes back??

Did they take out for unemployment or just fed and state? If they took out for unemployment go to your unemploment office and ask them if you qualify.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:53 AM

4 posts, read 8,724 times
Thank You!!!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:49 AM

69 posts, read 150,308 times
Just starting tier 1 this week. Does the $25.00 additional per week FAC Program - Stimulus payment continue?

Old 08-24-2009, 06:16 AM

516 posts, read 1,143,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg0959 View Post
Just starting tier 1 this week. Does the $25.00 additional per week FAC Program - Stimulus payment continue?
Yes. As long as you're collecting, you will continue to receive the extra $25.00 per week.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:30 AM

46 posts, read 54,069 times
Guys, Just so you know, I just spoke to somebody at unemployment and they were saying that, from what they are hearing at this point, the new extension ( if it is passed) will probably be only for those who have exhausted EB. the people who ended at tier 2 and didn't qualify for EB will still NOT be eligable.

Any of those millions of people who qualified for tier 1 and 2 but did NOT qualify for EB ( becuase of qualifying regulations like being fired, etc ) will also NOT qualify for this new extension. So if you didn't qualify for EB, you are truly finished collecting. you cannot go from tier 2...then skip over EB ( which you didnt qualify for), and receive this new proposed extension...from what the man said at unemployment today.

Of course, this is what they have heard and it may not be accurate. It wouldn't be the1st time they provided incorrect info but... this does kind of make sense because this is not a new type of extension proposed but rather extending the weeks of EB so, with that said, anyone who couldn't get EB will not qualify (from what they are saying. )

Again, they could be wrong. they have been before but I would definitely believe somebody at unemployment before an average citizen. lets see what happens. The people that finised at tier 2 and were not allowed EB are probably used to this by now.

Bottom line is, if you were fired, misconduct, etc you may be on tier 1 or 2 but you definitely cannot get EB ( which we already know) and now, anything after that as well....supposedly.

I really hope they are wrong on this though. Again, I dont trust anything until its in writing but I thought this was worth sharing. Don't hold me to this as a fact, im just repeating exactly what a man at unemployment said to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment