U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 PM

13 posts, read 25,916 times

Advertisements

The President just signed an additional 20 weeks for those who has exhausted their EUR TIER I and II's. Is this extension for those who has not finished their Tier I or II? Please advise. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott of t.r. View Post
can somebody e-mail me or p.m. me the phone number to a human being at unemployment.thank you in advanced.
howd that work out? id love to get that number as well..ive been calling for weeks and have yet to speak with a human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2242sw View Post
This is for the new Federal extension that was just past a few weeks ago by congress.
yes sir that is correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton the entertainer View Post
The President just signed an additional 20 weeks for those who has exhausted their EUR TIER I and II's. Is this extension for those who has not finished their Tier I or II? Please advise. Thanks.
the extension ( to my understanding ) is for those of us who have finished up all of Tier 1 & 2 and EB's.

NOW my question :
wtf am i supposed to do here, i moved out of state to California (smart move considering the job market is much worse than NJ's ) and i cannot get a hold of a representative. I receive my bi weekly call and claim form, but have yet to receive anything since Halloween week.

on the 28th of NOV i received a notice in the mail telling me that the Emergency Unemployment Comp has been filed and i was to call on specific days to file. i have been, and then received something telling me to call on Dec 16th ( today ) yet still not cutting a check and still no word from a rep. i keep receiving the msg "You Claim Has Been Processed and You Will Be Credited"

anyone with an answer..at this point anything is appreciated!
thanks

Old 01-18-2010, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,318 times
This thread has been extremely helpful. Does the latest extension mean that those of us currently receiving Tier II benefits in 2010 will be eligible for a Tier III extension?

Old 01-18-2010, 12:32 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,877,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattle View Post
This thread has been extremely helpful. Does the latest extension mean that those of us currently receiving Tier II benefits in 2010 will be eligible for a Tier III extension?
If you exhaust regular unemployment benefits by February 21, 2010, or a Tier of EUC by February 28, 2010, you will be able to move to the next Tier.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:55 AM

3 posts, read 5,018 times
i too went through the same thing- on tier II called on my regular day said i needed to call the office. Hd to refile a claim since my original one of jan 09 exp. got notice that it was denied (didnt work during oct 08 to dec09) still had my day to call for the tier II called and it said no record of a claim with that ss#- so what happend to the rest of my tier II??????

Old 01-29-2010, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,108 times
Does anybody know what the total weeks possible is to get? I have been on unemployment for 7 months or so now and I know I have until May 1st which would put me at 11 total months of unemployment compensation. Is there anything more after that or is this the end of the road. I am planning on "going BACK" into the military but just seeing how much time is possible before I sign the papers AGAIN. Or a civilian job comes along "jeez was that harder than i thought too!!"

Old 01-29-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prior Service View Post
Does anybody know what the total weeks possible is to get? I have been on unemployment for 7 months or so now and I know I have until May 1st which would put me at 11 total months of unemployment compensation. Is there anything more after that or is this the end of the road. I am planning on "going BACK" into the military but just seeing how much time is possible before I sign the papers AGAIN. Or a civilian job comes along "jeez was that harder than i thought too!!"
The answer to that would depend on what State you live in and what Tier you are on. As of right now with the limited information you provided, you can finish whatever Tier you have begun to collect on prior to the end of February.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:42 PM

3 posts, read 7,689 times
Hello I have a quick question. My tier 1 benefits had about 1 payment left (2 weeks); after claiming on 1/13/10, I received claim benefits papers to claim on 1/27/10 (date of original claim is 3/2009). A week passes and I receive a claim benefits paper, saying an old claim date back in 2008 (the previous claim date that has been exhausted) and lots of zeros on it, saying to claim on 1/18/10, which had passed already. It also said on it claim benefit year has ended. So I just claimed on the 27th, and received the next claim date paper, it states that I have more money on it and with the exhausted claim date of 3/2008, and the 2008 weekly benefits amount which is less than the 2009 that I was receiving. Is this an error or normal? Should I call unemployment to see if this is actually what they are doing these days? Is it likely that I will get tier 2, when this runs out? On the website (nj), it says that your tier, 1, 2, or 3 have to had been exhausted before the 27th of feb. before being qualified for the next tier. thank you in advance. Star

Old 01-31-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrinight78 View Post
Hello I have a quick question. My tier 1 benefits had about 1 payment left (2 weeks); after claiming on 1/13/10, I received claim benefits papers to claim on 1/27/10 (date of original claim is 3/2009). A week passes and I receive a claim benefits paper, saying an old claim date back in 2008 (the previous claim date that has been exhausted) and lots of zeros on it, saying to claim on 1/18/10, which had passed already. It also said on it claim benefit year has ended. So I just claimed on the 27th, and received the next claim date paper, it states that I have more money on it and with the exhausted claim date of 3/2008, and the 2008 weekly benefits amount which is less than the 2009 that I was receiving. Is this an error or normal? Should I call unemployment to see if this is actually what they are doing these days? Is it likely that I will get tier 2, when this runs out? On the website (nj), it says that your tier, 1, 2, or 3 have to had been exhausted before the 27th of feb. before being qualified for the next tier. thank you in advance. Star
First, take a breath. Don't know if it's normal or not, and yes you should definitely call first thing Monday morning. NORMALLY, If you exhaust Tier I by 2/27/10, you start Tier II on 2/28/10. You really need to find out your claim status (benefit year start date). You have this weird 2008 thing happening...and I am stumped.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:54 AM

3,814 posts, read 10,240,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prior Service View Post
Here is an outline of the levels of UI benefits currently available:

Regular unemployment - up to 26 weeks

EUC Tier I - up to 20 weeks
EUC Tier II - up to 14 weeks (includes 1 week added with passage of EUC Tier III)
EUC Tier III - up to 13 weeks (state must have 3-month average unemployment rate of at least 6%)
EUC Tier IV - up to 6 weeks (state must have 3-month average unemployment rate of at least 8.5%)

EB - varies from state to state (for example, currently up to 13 weeks in New Jersey; state must have 3-month average unemployment rate of at least 6%)
High EB - varies from state to state (for example, additional 7 weeks in New Jersey; state must have 3-month average unemployment rate of at least 8%)

The cut-off date for EUC Tier I is February 20, 2010; the cut-off date for Tiers II, III, and IV is February 27, 2010. In NJ, there is no cut-off date for EB or High EB.

You should consult the DOL website for your state to see what extensions are available for you, and talk with your local UI office to determine where you are in the sequence of benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment