U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 12:05 PM

13,051 posts, read 15,801,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph12550 View Post
Hello I am currently on unemployment, and I will have soon exhausted all available funds. I wanted to know what further steps to take so that I can file for an extension, or if I have to do anything at all.
What do you mean by 'all available funds'? Do you mean the first 26 weeks' of state benefits or the entire 99 weeks? If you have exhausted all 99 weeks' benefits, there are no further extensions. If you have exhausted your state benefits, NJ will transition you to Tier 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 AM

590 posts, read 609,991 times
I have a question, I was working for three years I got laid off and applied unemployment and I got it. But a few months later I got a job I know I can't quit my job or else I won't get my unemployment again. MY question is what are the stipulations on getting it again other then getting fired.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,365 times
Hey guys I need some help FAST please =(. I have to reply to to NJ by October 4th otherwise I am pretty screwwed. I was just about to finish my tier 2 which was 20 weeks. I had moved to Georgia hoping to find a Job and because cost of living was MUCH MUCH lower. However job hunting was just as bad. So instead I decided to go back to school. I thought I was in the green as i went to a local unemployment center and they told me I was ok to go back to school. I gave them my license which showed NJ with a georgia address at the time (maybe they thought I was collecting in Georgia who knows). I told them i was collecting in Nj though. Either way once I said was In school NJ cancelled my Unemployment. I had an appointment to get talk to an Unemployment rep who of course did not leave his phone number when he called me during class. When I moved mountains and left him a message he called at the very end of the day and said he would call me on monday and we could have an appointment then. He never called. I just spoke with a women at the governor's office and she told me that this guy mailed me a BC-326-T form and that all i have to do is mail it in. I am not sure but I think it's the form I threw out when the bastard told me he'd call on monday and then never did! (Now he won't pick up the phone....). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am going to school for a BBA and I was a sales rep for Coca Cola when I was illegally fired while disabled. Any Ideas? Email Address = tyler_dotter@yahoo.com

Old 10-10-2011, 07:09 PM

20 posts, read 20,838 times
My tier 1 will not exhaust by December 24th...does that mean I will not get the money from Tier 2? I still have money in my claim for tier 3 and 4.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:35 PM

13,051 posts, read 15,801,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar21 View Post
My tier 1 will not exhaust by December 24th...does that mean I will not get the money from Tier 2? I still have money in my claim for tier 3 and 4.
If you are a resident of NJ and collecting from NJ, you will be eligible for state mandated extended benefits for another 20 weeks.

Otherwise, you need to exhaust Tier 1 by December 31, 2011 in order to transfer to Tier 2. State benefits need to be exhausted by December 24th in order to transfer to Tier 1.

Other states with mandated EB are Alaska, Connecticut, Kansas, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington. In order to collect EB, however, both resident state and claiming state must be paying EB. So, for people collecting from any of the above states, but not residing in a state with mandated EB, EB benefits will cease in January 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment