U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-11-2009, 09:50 AM

3 posts, read 56,284 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if when you are on unemployment, the check you et is it for a 2 week period? I know I have to file every two weeks. I just started unemployment to. I checked out their website and it is only showing one week for that two week period. I claimed all info on the phone for that two week period. So will I get a check for one week or two week period?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 10:00 AM

2,365 posts, read 7,866,818 times
NO!!

It is called a waiting week and you don't get paid for the waiting week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morlovski View Post
Does anyone know if when you are on unemployment, the check you et is it for a 2 week period? I know I have to file every two weeks. I just started unemployment to. I checked out their website and it is only showing one week for that two week period. I claimed all info on the phone for that two week period. So will I get a check for one week or two week period?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 AM

Right. I got the first week check on hold, and got the 2nd week pay already. But now for the 3rd and 4th week, I filed my claim today. Am I getting both weeks of unemployment in this check, or will it be a one week pay check? I ask because on their website it i only showing the 3rd week as being paid. Nothing on there for the 4th week. But they may not have updated the system since I requested about an hour ago.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:08 AM

7 posts, read 36,277 times
YES!!!! After you get your first 1 week paycheck via new CHASE CARD you will get your next check with 2 weeks pay.
You can make a small amount of money and get your full paycheck from unemployment. This was great for me a Massage Therapist.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Right. I got the first week check on hold, and got the 2nd week pay already. But now for the 3rd and 4th week, I filed my claim today. Am I getting both weeks of unemployment in this check, or will it be a one week pay check? I ask because on their website it i only showing the 3rd week as being paid. Nothing on there for the 4th week. But they may not have updated the system since I requested about an hour ago.

If you are in your 3rd/4th period, and it is not showing, it means that you probably didn't fill out the paperwork correctly. The answers are Yes, NO, No, NO, and No.

I cannot think of any other rational reason!! You should be getting 2 weeks, unless you live somewhere like N.Y. where they do weekly!!

You should call them immediately and let them know!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:13 AM

Thanks folks. That Chase card is cool. It took 6 days for me to get mi9ne, and it was shipped from the office which is about 60 miles from me. Tey took the pony express I guess. And when I called the unemployment line to get it, I did answer all qutestions. It told me everything was accepted. Once they approve it, how long does it take from the day you file until they load it on the card?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 AM

i dont' know, I have direct deposit!! DD takes 3 days!

good luck!

Quote:
Thanks folks. That Chase card is cool. It took 6 days for me to get mi9ne, and it was shipped from the office which is about 60 miles from me. Tey took the pony express I guess. And when I called the unemployment line to get it, I did answer all qutestions. It told me everything was accepted. Once they approve it, how long does it take from the day you file until they load it on the card?

Old 10-02-2011, 07:29 AM

1 posts, read 14,781 times
I understand that the waiting week will be paid after you have received 3 weeks your weekly benefit example if your weekly benefit is 100 after you have received 300 they will pay you for your waiting week..My question is will that be an addition to your two week so instead of getting 2 weeks you get 3 weeks worth of pay/ Can someone answer me that? this whole umemployement thing is new to me in over 20 plus years I have never had to draw it.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 13,683 times
frustrated with trying to reopen an unenployment claim and cannot get through for six weeks try back at another time know it time to report my earning and another problem with the phones lines is anyone else frustrated thanks unca

Old 09-09-2013, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 6,943 times
Is texas unemployment paid weekly or bi weekly. I request payment every 2 weeks and just recently started getting it. But it was a lump sum. So my question is do I now only get it every 2 weeks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment