Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 03:09 PM

285 posts, read 661,859 times

Advertisements

Just left opencongress.org where robbi gave some interesting reading that would suggest it was for Floridians but it is beneficial to all states from the Labor Department in Washington D.C.--www.floridajobs.org/about%20awi/open_government/docs/UIPL12-09_ch1acc%5B1%5D.pdf. It answers all questions that we have been asking about when should we receive payment and about the work search that we must submit and I know it states that high unemployment states might not audit you if your state is above a certain percentage in which there are no jobs available at that specified time. Any way everyone should read and see what they are coming up with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 04:06 PM

461 posts, read 944,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blromious View Post
Just left opencongress.org where robbi gave some interesting reading that would suggest it was for Floridians but it is beneficial to all states from the Labor Department in Washington D.C.--www.floridajobs.org/about%20awi/open_government/docs/UIPL12-09_ch1acc%5B1%5D.pdf. It answers all questions that we have been asking about when should we receive payment and about the work search that we must submit and I know it states that high unemployment states might not audit you if your state is above a certain percentage in which there are no jobs available at that specified time. Any way everyone should read and see what they are coming up with.
That link you gave does not exist. It is not a good link.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:02 PM

50 posts, read 110,002 times
This is very good info for Floridians.. Most of it will probably apply to other states as well !! I found it under Agency for Workforce Innovation click on EXTENDED BENEFITS (to the right of the page) It appears from this info Florida will be receiving apps in early June with a lump sum retro to Feb 22 2009 to follow in July. It has taken GA an equal amount of time to get their system up and running.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 PM

This is the correct site and I just left it again:

http://www.floridajobs.org/about%20a...acc%5B1%5D.pdf

Old 05-25-2009, 09:04 PM

With all of us being unemployed for so long it would be benficial if Georgia Labor Commissioner would retro our payments because all of us are in dire needs. The money is coming from the Federal Government and if some states can pay their claimants back money from time of enactment I know Georgia can do the same for their claimants after all we are above the national unemployment percentage. There are so many jobs leaving and we have no where to turn.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:59 PM

231 posts, read 367,940 times
Exactly, I posted earlier that most states have made benefits retroactive, except for GA. After reading the info in the link provided, it seems that another extension is inevitable, and coupled with the fact, most economist, predict that unemployment will continue to rise until next year.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,486 times
Default suspended pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaskye07 View Post
Has anyone tried to certify today and their pin has been suspeneded?
Does anyone have a problem with their pin being suspended for week ending 5-23? I have only received about 4 checks so far and this is the first time it is supsended. Do you know the various reasons for pin
suspension?

Old 05-26-2009, 06:54 AM

461 posts, read 944,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilangeles View Post
Does anyone have a problem with their pin being suspended for week ending 5-23? I have only received about 4 checks so far and this is the first time it is supsended. Do you know the various reasons for pin
suspension?
I have been on the phone with the DOL for about an hour. I went on line and filled out the SEB benefits application on Friday. I tried to certify on Sunday. Said my pin was suspended, so I called them this am and they reset my pin but for some reason it still says suspended. They reset it 3 times and it still doesn't work.

They say that you CAN not certify until May 31st for the new SEB benefits. That it won't accept it. She said all the pins should work on the 31st and if not call on Monday morning June1st.
We will not be payed for last week under the new SEB benefits. It doesn't start until May31st and it pays for THIS week. She also said the they payments should go out next week...
She said it doesn't matter if you kept certifying AFTER your tier 2 benefits ran it..... There is no retro for that and you will not get paid for that.... Only for week ending May30 and beyond....

Last edited by montanaskye07; 05-26-2009 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: left something out.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 5,453 times
How can i locate the GA state extended benefits application online?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:47 AM

160 posts, read 530,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas marshall View Post
How can i locate the GA state extended benefits application online?

https://www.dol.state.ga.us/WS4-MW5/...&FRMNAME=ECS1A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment