U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 10:20 PM

95 posts, read 186,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarev View Post
No, you will not have to have two face to face job searches; just two verifiable job searches on two different days each week and you will have to report them either online (a new screen is supposed to be available for this June 22) or via fax. It will all be detailed on a yellow sheet of paper that you receive with your SEB Determination Letter.
i got my SEB determination letter but no yellow paper in it. nothing about reporting online. i even looked twice, i also got my claim denial for filing for the new claim year.

anybody else get SEB determination letter and no yellow paper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 PM

175 posts, read 315,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katgotsteve View Post
i got my SEB determination letter but no yellow paper in it. nothing about reporting online. i even looked twice, i also got my claim denial for filing for the new claim year.

anybody else get SEB determination letter and no yellow paper?
LOL, I just posted almost the exact same thing. I too got my determination but no yellow sheet. I also got the denial for the new claim. No clue why we didn't get this yellow sheet.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 PM

53 posts, read 78,106 times
yea yea It says it has been forwarded to my account 6/19/09...Thanks everyone for the help with this matter

Old 06-19-2009, 12:52 AM

189 posts, read 267,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slt54321 View Post
dianeparker56-the GADOL should allow you to do an interstate claim. There must be something they can do.
SLT54321-I have been getting mine under Interstate claims now for about a year because I had to move back and forth. They denied me because my money is in North Carolina showing up in the new year and said I have to go to NC for my benefits. I wonder if this woman knows what she is talking about. She was an adjudicator. She said that the SEB was approved in April 21 the North Carolina monetary determinations because December 2008 was in the base period? Does anyone know if that is the right base period? I think they are screwing me. I wrote the Senators, President, Governors, commissioners of DOL all of both GA and NC. What is this yellow sheet you all are talking about?

Old 06-19-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeparker56 View Post
SLT54321-I have been getting mine under Interstate claims now for about a year because I had to move back and forth. They denied me because my money is in North Carolina showing up in the new year and said I have to go to NC for my benefits. I wonder if this woman knows what she is talking about. She was an adjudicator. She said that the SEB was approved in April 21 the North Carolina monetary determinations because December 2008 was in the base period? Does anyone know if that is the right base period? I think they are screwing me. I wrote the Senators, President, Governors, commissioners of DOL all of both GA and NC. What is this yellow sheet you all are talking about?
the yellow sheet of paper is suppose to the details about filling your work search online for SEB. of course i didnt get one, so i cant give any details about it. i wonder if this was a mistake on GADOL's part.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyotosong View Post
LOL, I just posted almost the exact same thing. I too got my determination but no yellow sheet. I also got the denial for the new claim. No clue why we didn't get this yellow sheet.
great minds think alike

Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 AM

40 posts, read 64,233 times
OMG!!!!!!! Everyone has been so correct about Mrs. Yates. I just called and got her on the phone!!!!!!!! My issue was that I submitted my form wrong originally, for some dumb reason I answered U on what I think was the Parttime work question. I was trying to comment and for whatever reason only put U, must have deleted it by mistake. So I was up for review on the 6/25. they are just wading through any rejections and then they contact you to clear up any discrepancies.

She said I should have been helped @ the offices, and to not blog about her (hehehe!). But I had to do it, because if it weren't for you guys I would have not found our little GDOL Angel. I'm gonna assume it takes the usual 48 hours for the system to update, but she said I have been processed. I'll take that any day over not knowing anything!

THANK YOU!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:15 AM

Lesson learned here is just say yes to everything. I only commented on the Parttime question because I was trying to be honest that if I got parttime work it had to be sufficient hours to pay for daycare for my 2 little girls. Otherwise it's a moot point, probably losing money! Going forward just make sure you guys say yes to everything.

Good luck gang. And thanks for your support!!

I am still going to contact and complain to the media, and governor's office about what is going on.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherhill View Post
Lesson learned here is just say yes to everything. I only commented on the Parttime question because I was trying to be honest that if I got parttime work it had to be sufficient hours to pay for daycare for my 2 little girls. Otherwise it's a moot point, probably losing money! Going forward just make sure you guys say yes to everything.

Good luck gang. And thanks for your support!!

I am still going to contact and complain to the media, and governor's office about what is going on.
i put yes on my parttime question, but i know i have to have enough to pay out $100-$150 in daycare a week and make i worthwhile to actually work(you know not pay out all i make just to work).then on top of that most of the daycares in my areas have a month to two month waiting time and they take the government paid cases first. so i would have a long wait time to work. i think i am screwed one way or another. it is sad when you dont have family near by, but i will get by. i hope to find a job to cover all my problems, so i dont have any more.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:47 AM

Yes when you have little ones not in school fulltime that causes yet another hinderance to working parents getting employment. You have to take all of that in to consideration before you can just grab anything. That's why it trips me out when people say we can just accept any job, as long as it's paying. But that's not the case when you have to factor in daycare expenses! That is NEVER free much less cheap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or