U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 07:10 PM

462 posts, read 878,012 times

Advertisements

One more thing.....I am a writer, I have worked as a paid writer for an online company. Of course when the economy went south, so did my job. I promise you I will do justice to all of you with the article I am about to write.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:39 PM

189 posts, read 269,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
Diane....I can only say WOW!! What a mess. I thought that ARRA was supposed to take care of those who had to move because of their spouses. I have read the bill, and see that it allows too many "options" for the states. That is one of the biggest problems that we have faced here in GA. I am hoping that by writing this article it will shed some light on who we are....and what we have been through to get what we deserve. Unemployment taxes are a federal mandate. If employers were not required to pay them we probably would have had higher wages. So, I feel that we are owed every penny that was put into that fund. I know that this attitude does not sit well with a lot of people. Some have come on this forum saying that we are not doing enough to find employment. I say B.S. Perhaps nothing will come of what I write....but at least I will have tried.
I really don't care what people think about the ones that are filing for unemployment. Only YOU know your situation and it's not up to them to judge. My husband has worked since he was 16 years old and is now 51, he has NEVER filed for 1 penny of unemployment. It's not that I am sitting around just waiting for free money either. I am trying to find a job, I am over qualified or too old but they won't say that because it is discrimination. They are hiring the younger ones and not the more experienced ones. They are letting people go to keep from paying their retirement and insurances as well because the older you get, yes, the more health problems most have. I want to work!! I met a lady at church that owns a bakery and Thursday night I offered to go in at 3:30 in the morning and help her make some things for a wedding and other events and I did it for FREE. You wonder, who works for free? I do because I want to work, I want to feel needed and wanted. The government is turning their back on me, the state of GA and NC is turning their back on me.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:35 PM

462 posts, read 878,012 times
I understand what you are saying Diane.....my intention is not to vidicate us....it is to have our voices heard. Everything you say is exactly what I intend to target.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:58 PM

189 posts, read 269,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
I understand what you are saying Diane.....my intention is not to vidicate us....it is to have our voices heard. Everything you say is exactly what I intend to target.
I think we all need to be heard and not ignored.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:21 AM

21 posts, read 38,318 times
How do we post our job search anyone know yet.............................

Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 AM

151 posts, read 283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSHYT/GA View Post
How do we post our job search anyone know yet.............................
I believe I remember the determination letter stating that the new online page would not be available until 6/22, so I would check tomorrow. It said it will be on the State Extended Benefits information page, so you will probably need to check that same link we used to complete the application for SEB. I tried to check it today and it just says "page loading, please wait" but nothin ever happens.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:39 AM

727 posts, read 957,207 times
My question was concerning where we add our job prospects as well. Guess I will check again tomorrow. I have limited internet access right now but working on correcting that-hope all have received their money and if not why!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 AM

5 posts, read 6,034 times
Default Certifying

I only have a determination letter. It states "When you certify for benefits indicating that you are able, available and actively seeking working, you are attesting that you are meeting the stringent SEB eligibility work search and availability requirements."

"To receive SEB, you must certify each week in the same method(s) used for your most recent EUC claim."

My letter says nothing about submitting anything else. However, we must keep a record of our job searches. If they are called for they are subject to audit. In other words the records we have on paper will be verified or are subject to be verified.

I am a sixty-five year old male and there is virtual little chance of me finding a job.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:47 AM

27 posts, read 48,790 times
You have to submit 2 job searches on two different days each week to get benefits. The page will be up tomorrow. I think you can wait and do 4 weeks at one time, am I right on that? I was in one of the group who had to doe this for basic benefits. So it's all the same for me. There just are not too many places wanting to hire an overqualified 53 year old when you can hire a 25 year old for nothing. Happened on my last job.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:22 AM

175 posts, read 317,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berean01 View Post
I only have a determination letter. It states "When you certify for benefits indicating that you are able, available and actively seeking working, you are attesting that you are meeting the stringent SEB eligibility work search and availability requirements."

"To receive SEB, you must certify each week in the same method(s) used for your most recent EUC claim."

My letter says nothing about submitting anything else. However, we must keep a record of our job searches. If they are called for they are subject to audit. In other words the records we have on paper will be verified or are subject to be verified.

I am a sixty-five year old male and there is virtual little chance of me finding a job.
This is the same info I got. Nothing at all about submitting anything online. Maybe just random people have to do the online bit? Who knows, I'm keeping printouts of everything I apply for, but I don't know what to do beyond that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or