U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 PM

95 posts, read 192,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagyrl View Post
I was told by the dol department that you had to look for a total of 4 different searches per week not a total of 2. and i also got the yellow paper that says 2 different employers on 2 different days=4 total, right. please help me someone
this is my personal opinion and outlook on things.

2 different employers on 2 different day, means to me 1 on day 1 and 1 on day 2. if they had wanted 4 they would have made the form take 4. it was 2 in regulart UI too. i was told several different things even on regular UI. one lady told me only face to face, one lady said anything as long as you have a mixture, one man said it doesnt matter as long as you are looking. so all the gadol employees have a different outlook on the requirements. i had more internet/phone searches than face to face and i have never lost my benefits.
i also put all 4 weeks of my job searches in. i was in doubt, so i went all out. i dont want to have to fight for anything any more and no one, not even some the gadol employees know for sure. so better safe than sorry. my letter said you must submit two claims per week for all weeks claimed. so i am submitting for the last 4 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 06:39 PM

151 posts, read 286,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagyrl View Post
I was told by the dol department that you had to look for a total of 4 different searches per week not a total of 2. and i also got the yellow paper that says 2 different employers on 2 different days=4 total, right. please help me someone
No, it is just 2. We have learned over the past several months that the front line workers at the career centers, more often than not, give out wrong information. Sad but true. I did get the yellow letter and I read it to be two different employers OVER two different days.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:09 PM

461 posts, read 848,324 times
Showing not paid again, so I guess it will change sometime after midnight again.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:17 PM

285 posts, read 600,099 times
I am also showing not paid so I guess it will change. I never got an answer about should I send in my work search now since mine was mailed June 16 which I thought would mean next week to start. Please any comments!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:27 PM

27 posts, read 49,377 times
State Extended Benefits Weekly Work Search Record

[CENTER] [/CENTER]
IMPORTANT
In order to be eligible to receive State Extended Benefits (SEB), the law requires that you make a systematic and sustained search for work and provide tangible evidence of your weekly SEB work search efforts. This means you must:
  • contact at least two different potential employers on two different days during each SEB week claimed; and
  • submit a record (tangible evidence) of your work search efforts to the Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL). A SEB work search record must be submitted within four (4) weeks from the first required week and at least every four (4) weeks thereafter. Your first required week begins the first week after the mail date shown on your SEB Monetary Determination (DOL-411SEB). The option is available to submit records on a weekly basis.
For each week of SEB claimed, a completed SEB work search record MUST be submitted to GDOL. A claim week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday at midnight. Use this transaction to submit your SEB work search activity, up to four(4) weeks, completing all of the required information. The two employer contacts entered for each week must correspond with the SEB week claimed. You may also use this transaction to view your previously submitted Internet SEB work search records.
Your work search records are subject to audit by GDOL representatives. Failure to submit a completed SEB work search record for any week claimed, or listing any unverifiable contacts, may result in a denial and/or repayment of benefits.
For further information on State Extended Benefits (SEB), go to SEB Claim Information (http://www.dol.state.ga.us/spotlight/sp_seb_claim_info.htm - broken link).
Before completing your work search record for each SEB week claimed you will need to have the following employer contact information available:

• The date you applied or contacted the employer
  • The name and address of the employer
  • The name of the person contacted, if applicable
  • Type of contact: new or follow-up, etc.
  • The specific position for which you applied
  • The manner by which you applied: in person, sent a résumé, applied via the internet, etc.
  • The results of the contact
Enter your Social Security Number and PIN below. If you have forgotten your PIN, you will need to call your local Career Center to establish a new PIN.

OK you people you are just talking crazy. You have to do this to get your benefits. 2 per week on different days. It can be in person, phone, internet, letter whatever. But if you don't do this you will not get your benefits. You have up to 4 weeks to do it. But you must do it. Some of these last few post are just not making any sense. You have got to do this. Period!!! not 4, not 3 just 2 on different days during the week.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 PM

461 posts, read 848,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blromious View Post
I am also showing not paid so I guess it will change. I never got an answer about should I send in my work search now since mine was mailed June 16 which I thought would mean next week to start. Please any comments!
I talked with DOL today and asked that question. I was told to enter only what they asked for. Mine was dated June 11 so I just entered last week. Since yours was dated June 16 I would wait until Sunday to enter this week. I read the entire letter to her and that is what she said. I asked her what about the first 3 weeks. She said just keep a copy of it just in case, but to only enter from the point they ask for.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 PM

20 posts, read 37,774 times
Im also showing not paid,I just got my letter date Jun 15,so what is going on.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 PM

189 posts, read 272,402 times
From my past experience you usually see it at midnight on Monday.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:42 PM

175 posts, read 320,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-Ga View Post
Im also showing not paid,I just got my letter date Jun 15,so what is going on.
Same as last week again. I'm on SEB, mine says not paid. My husband is on Tier I, his doesn't show as having been certified at all. Last week same thing happened, and by Tuesday morning when I got up it was fixed and both forwarded to our accounts. I'm not panicking this time.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 PM

70 posts, read 140,060 times
has anyone checked to see if they got paid yet - its after midnite and usually it shows pd mine doesnt again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or