Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 08:39 AM

3 posts, read 5,584 times

Advertisements

I just spoke with someone at the Cobb-Cherokee office and she told me that I would have to update my claim-year (this is the same woman who, once before, didn't know what I was talking about when I told her I needed to update my claim year). I told her I spoke with someone last week who was going to take care of that for me. She insisted that there was no way that could happen unless I came in. (Of course, when I went in, it did not serve me well. Plus, I didn't want to go in last week and update my claim year, if someone else--at the policy and procedure office--was going to take care of it, as I was afraid updating it twice, if that's possible, would create an issue.)

So, the woman at the Cobb-Cherokee office told me that it hasn't been updated and that someone would have to call me back.

I called Jandy back and mentioned the conversation I had with her last week, regarding updating my claim year. She pulled up my information and told me that it does take time, but that no one has completed it yet. She transferred me to an analyst who could help me, but I only got voice mail. I left a message, but I am not sure what good that will do.

I am thinking I may need to go to the Cobb-Cherokee office again, today, and pray that someone will actually be able to assist me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 03:18 PM

160 posts, read 530,900 times
Ga. Unemployment is now 10.1%

I use to make 50K yr., now I'm thinking about taking an $8 hr. job before those disappear also.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:41 PM

5 posts, read 8,937 times
i went to check status on my unemployment and it said not paid report to office. has anyone else received this and if so what did you do? please someone help me

Old 07-14-2009, 05:46 PM

42 posts, read 76,143 times
Hello everyone, sorry i have been MIA but i just wanted to kn ow will they still keep extending the unemployment when the SEB run out??

Old 07-15-2009, 12:13 AM

2 posts, read 3,379 times
Default Benefits status

https://www.dol.state.ga.us/WS4-MW5/...&FRMNAME=BP15A

this is the link to check the status of your benefits.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:56 AM

309 posts, read 649,489 times
Default high rate

I just caught this on the news...Didnt they know when they added us back on the rolls that the numbers would go up along with the fact there are no jobs.
I've gone back to applying for cosmetologist jobs and glad that I had the foresight to keep my lisc updated all these years.
I wonder if anyone actually got a letter stating that their chance of finding employment was good?
ps ,thanks for the welcome backs on the previous pages ya'll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne georgia View Post

I use to make 50K yr., now I'm thinking about taking an $8 hr. job before those disappear also.

Last edited by ginamae38; 07-15-2009 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-15-2009, 09:02 AM

968 posts, read 2,618,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamae38 View Post
I just caught this on the news...Didnt they know when they added us back on the rolls that the numbers would go up along with the fact there are no jobs.
I've gone back to applying for cosmetologist jobs and glad that I had the foresight to keep my lisc updated all these years.
I wonder if anyone actually got a letter stating that their chance of finding employment was good?
ps ,thanks for the welcome backs on the previous pages ya'll
WOW, I am tired. While I have not been out of work as long as others, this is a very new and daunting process for me. I have never been laid off or "loss" work before. I am just staggered by everything. I applied for UI two weeks ago and I have been told they won't even review my case for another week.

I was hoping to take this time to segue into another field; yet, I can't find resources to help me accomplish the necessary training. No one seems to have answers.

So looking at 10% (and knowing this number is really higher as some still need work but not really looking), it gets a bit discomforting.

This last year has been so awful and I am so tired. Every time I think I turn a corner here and things are going to get better...they do not.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 AM

92 posts, read 152,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne georgia View Post

Not only is Georgia's unemployment rate higher than the national average, but it looks like Thurmond has been offered a position at the federal level...can we apply for his job?

I hope everyone is doing well financially and emotionally.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:35 PM

40 posts, read 72,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyleac01 View Post
Not only is Georgia's unemployment rate higher than the national average, but it looks like Thurmond has been offered a position at the federal level...can we apply for his job?

I hope everyone is doing well financially and emotionally.

LOL that was a good one! Must be nice SOMEONE is not only keeping their job but also getting a big ole promotion! Maybe things will improve in Georgia!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 PM

90 posts, read 145,058 times
I have a question for everyone here, I'm confused, or maybe I'm reading to much into this, but please give me some feedback on this. I went back and reread the Reinvestment Act and this section can be misunderstood:
[LEFT]Extension of Emergency Unemployment Compensation Program through December 2009[/LEFT]
[LEFT]($26.96 billion
Provides an additional 20 weeks of unemployment benefits and, in high unemployment states,[/LEFT]
an additional 13 weeks (for a total of 33 additional weeks). Does this means that after we exhaust the up to 20 weeks of unemployment, will we be granted an additional 13 weeks as said in this phrase or is this not for the long term unemployed (SEB) program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment