U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-27-2009, 04:41 PM

160 posts, read 400,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafolston View Post
Here is something interesting. My friend tried to fill out the form for seb and this is what she got." Based on our records, you do not meet the qualifications for a benefit extension. For additional information, please contact the Career Center nearest you." It would not let her proceed with the application. I am guessing, if you were allowed to fill out the form, then more than likely you will receive the benefits. It should not matter about an appeal. Some employers fire people for invalid reasons to keep from laying them off in order to not pay unemployment.
When she contacted the career center, what did they tell her?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 04:45 PM

70 posts, read 112,458 times
when did she try to apply - was it right away on friday or did she just do it today?

Old 05-27-2009, 04:46 PM

160 posts, read 400,408 times
With somany people applying for SEB, will that make Ga.'s UE rate spike past 9.3%, or are they just going by 1st. time claims?

Old 05-27-2009, 05:28 PM

285 posts, read 503,817 times
I quit my job because of unfair paying conditions and I won. My employer tried to keep me from getting benefits but I had every document that I had submitted to other labor agencies concerning this matter and my benefits continued in my favor. Now I received the May 8 letter and filed for the extension and I am awaiting any news.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,603 times
I had to make several attemps before I was able to access the app page, It may be the time that you try many others maybe trying at the same time, I also processed my claim for week-ending 5/24 and it was certified, try creating a new pin if you are allowed to. Good luck...this fund is surely a welcome relief .

Old 05-27-2009, 05:32 PM

74 posts, read 98,262 times
my neighbor was able to do the application for seb Thursday the 21ST.She said that she kept checking and found it .also to the friend who could not do the application tell her to try again after 10PM she should be able to get in.there is so many others doing the application that the system cant keep up but it will reset after 10 PM

Last edited by gushion2002; 05-27-2009 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: time

Old 05-27-2009, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,603 times
This fund is not being paid by any employer it is all part of the stimulus money, and if your friend is still unemployed and did not work during the period her UI ran out, she may be able to qualify, now she must have answered one of those questions incorrectly, got to be very careful how you answer those questions.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:02 PM

285 posts, read 503,817 times
I e-maileld Maurice Emselleum @ NELP to see if he could shed some light on Georgia's situation and answer some of these questions that are baffling a lot of us. It might take a few days since he is a very busy person but maybe soon we will find out the truth as to when benefits will be allowed and if these payments will be retro back to April when the Govenor signed the Bill or sooner. I am praying that he will know these answers.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:20 PM

29 posts, read 49,955 times
She was told that they don't know what the eligibilty requirements are and evidently she must not qualify. She is unable to get past the point where she type her ssn and pin, therefore, she wasn't able to answer any question. Evidently, they must already know who qualify, but aren't saying who doesn't for whatever reason. She has tried several times and get the same response.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,158 times
Can someone post a link cause I can't even pull the application!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment