U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2009, 05:07 PM

160 posts, read 398,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
This is enough to make the preacher cuss.......I can't believe that Sonny is wasting 4.2 million of OUR money on this, and could not spend money to get the DOL computer system upgraded faster so we could get our benefits sooner. Does he really believe that a $100 gift card is going help us get a job??? OH....and notice it says UP TO $100.

Unemployed could get stimulus-backed funds | ajc.com
Yeah it does sound like a waste, but I'm still gonna check into it Mon., not for the gift card, but in the hope they start sending me to some interviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 05:10 PM

231 posts, read 258,104 times
Has anyone received a notice to alert them if there chance of finding employment is good or not good yet. According, to the EB legislation are we suppose to receive these notices this week or next week?

Old 05-29-2009, 05:25 PM

70 posts, read 111,164 times
cant be to good or we all wouldn't be sitting here waiting to hear - we'd all be at work

Old 05-29-2009, 05:55 PM

309 posts, read 476,366 times
i know i just got a call from a social service agency in glynn co (where i plan on moving to {evicted cause cant pay rent}when my money gets here cause the rate of jobless is 3.0 better than where i am. plus if nothing else i can use my fla hairdresser lisc cause its just a hop skip n a jump, well i digress), they called me for an interview for monday. well i cant go cause i dont have gas money for a 500+ mile round trip. they want us to work well ya gotta have money to get started...sheesh..this is freakin killin me-damned if i do and damned if i dont---just waitin on them so i can have a life again instead of being stuck. now i know what Purgatory is like

Last edited by ginamae38; 05-29-2009 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: forgot a sentance

Old 05-29-2009, 06:22 PM

462 posts, read 723,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmemb View Post
SMS what does Only those who currently have a certificate are eligible for the program mean on the gift cards - and i agree with you give us are benefits or a job and keep your gift cards
You take a job skills assessment and you get a work ready certificate which qualifies you to get the gift card.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:24 PM

462 posts, read 723,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slt54321 View Post
Has anyone received a notice to alert them if there chance of finding employment is good or not good yet. According, to the EB legislation are we suppose to receive these notices this week or next week?
We certify for our first week of EB on Sunday, then the DOL has until the end of the week to tell us if we are good or not good

Old 05-30-2009, 06:45 AM

151 posts, read 228,623 times
Has anyone noticed a "dry run" auto deposit transaction on your bank accounts from DOL? I am assuming it is from them setting up "new" account for SEB because it is showing on my checking account on 5/26/09. I completed my SEB app on Thurs, May 21st. I have to assume that means I am going to be getting money - just can't imagine when. Even if I get it this week, I won't be able to use any of it because my car insurance & life ins just went through auto debits and my .23 didn't cover them! So between those charges and the NSFs, I'll have about $10 left. Watch out SMS! I'm going to buy more noodles and tuna!

Old 05-30-2009, 11:16 AM

285 posts, read 501,261 times
No I do not have a "dry run" on my account. Maybe it is for people who have just gotten direct deposit set-up for unemployment benefits. This is how all of my benefits are paid from dol since I started receiving them for over eight months ago.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:35 AM

151 posts, read 228,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blromious View Post
No I do not have a "dry run" on my account. Maybe it is for people who have just gotten direct deposit set-up for unemployment benefits. This is how all of my benefits are paid from dol since I started receiving them for over eight months ago.
No, I've had DD since day 1 - 59 weeks with no changes to my account.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:14 PM

309 posts, read 476,366 times
it doesn't show up on online activity but i called my banks customer service to double check and sho nuff, there was two dry runs this month-
one on the 13th
and one on the 26th
keeping my fingers crossed that we get money this week

Ps i had dd all 51 weeks to same acct-

Last edited by ginamae38; 05-30-2009 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment