Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 AM

461 posts, read 944,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishva View Post
Article is up on Newsvine-here is the link. I can still make changes, so if you have any, let m eknow and I will update the article.
Newsvine - Faces of the Unemployed
I voted and made a comment on that site.

Question: What do you mean vote it up the vine? I am a member but do not know much about it over there. Have posted on several occasions but other than that, don't know much about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 10:57 AM

727 posts, read 1,096,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
Thanks Fly....good job. I hit a brick wall with it
I gave you credit for the article and "tweaked" by me.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:57 AM

81 posts, read 101,577 times
I don't know if you have seen this, but I thought it was very interesting. This is a news article from WKBW I don't know exactly where it is from but it mentions labor commissioners from across the U.S... so check it out ...

WKBW.com

Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaskye07 View Post
I voted and made a comment on that site.

Question: What do you mean vote it up the vine? I am a member but do not know much about it over there. Have posted on several occasions but other than that, don't know much about it.
If you look right above the article headline on the left hand side there is an icon in grey that shows votes-if you hit on that it counts as a vote-more votes, more placement.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurfer2000h View Post
I don't know if you have seen this, but I thought it was very interesting. This is a news article from WKBW I don't know exactly where it is from but it mentions labor commissioners from across the U.S... so check it out ...

WKBW.com
I saw this article yesterday and posted. As well, Newsvine has this article and a correction yesterday-it was reported in the original article that MS rep was there and they weren't. Not that it matters. Good find! One another note-I have been watching Cspan and the Senate-they are talking about the Bail out and fraud. MAYBE-they will talk about us and actually do something-like pass a Bill for an extension.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:11 AM

I just cannot believe what I just saw on C-SPAN 2. It shows what the senate is doing today and unemployment is not on there. What really takes the cake is that the unemployment issue may possibly get seen this week. I really do not understand the thought process that is in their heads. Is the senate meeting on the moon, because they definately not getting enough oxygen to their brains. Well I guess if this is what they consider helping out so our benefits will be there without the same hassle as before, then they have spiked the water system, because this cannot be reality it must be my mind playing tricks on me.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:16 AM

Maybe this is all just a big nightmare and we will all wake up soon to knowit was just in all of our heads and nothing has changed. We all still have jobs and are living comfortable and happy.Someone pinch me so I know it was not real. Ouch just pinched myself and crap all this is real...

Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 AM

I see that a vote for a federal judge in SD is more important then unemployment. I guess they figure when an unemployed person robs a bank because he has nothing left that this judge will provide him a room without a view, a place to sleep, and three meals a day. This way there is one less person getting benefits and they don't have to worry about that person.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 AM

309 posts, read 649,467 times
well what concerns me is there is s1699 and s1647. why dont they just pass the one 13 week extension that is closest to hr3548 and work on the rest later.
Got my last check today for 192. bills are 307,lol.
so here we go again.
except this time i cant go to agencies for help to make it.
Just cause unemployment supposedly went down in some areas,mine wasnt one of them.
I'm trying to not worry the kids they just got their security back but i havent a clue where to get a job.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurfer2000h View Post
Maybe this is all just a big nightmare and we will all wake up soon to knowit was just in all of our heads and nothing has changed. We all still have jobs and are living comfortable and happy.Someone pinch me so I know it was not real. Ouch just pinched myself and crap all this is real...
Oh it's real tsurfer-the realism of reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment