U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 08:11 PM

27 posts, read 39,277 times

Advertisements

It seems like someone should be able to tell us something. They are being really quiet about this whole SEB thing.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 08:11 PM

62 posts, read 121,991 times
NOT PAID ALSO! This is BS!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 PM

462 posts, read 886,043 times
SHOW US THE MONEY
Phone list, call them all everyday

Michael Thurmond 404-232-7300
Janice Davis 404-656-1776 governors office
Denise Beckwith 404-232-3180
Doris Yates 404-232-7320
Mark Connaley 770-228-7226 Manager Griffin DOL
Fletcher Dun 770-228-7226 Manager Griffin DOL call these men even if you don't live in Griffin

Add to this list by cutting and pasting on new quick reply. Not sure who some of these people are, got the numbers from old posts. They may ignore our calls, but somebody is going to get pretty dang cranky.
I know many of us feel that the phone calls and letters go unanswered, and in many or maybe even most cases they do. BUT, I don't think they go un-noticed. We need to call anyone and everyone daily. We need to be like that grain of sand that gets inside the oyster and irritates the hell out of it. Lets compile a list of email addresses and phone numbers and post it on this board every day. One list with all the info we need. I challenge everyone here who posts to call or email every person on that list every day. Remember....that grain of sand eventually turns into a pearl!!!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 PM

309 posts, read 584,023 times
Default not givin up hope yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaskye07 View Post
He probably won't because he knows he was a big liar from the get go.
I knew when he said that if his father caught someone stealing he wouldn't fire them.. That is bullcrap...

I called him out several times on the posts he made and I got bashed for it, but I just knew he was lying...

Come on... come on gushion... come get your medicine.

Let's keep checking everyday people because Tuesday is not the only day they release checks. I know that once before when my second tier started I kept certifying and it kept saying not paid and there was something that my local dol hadn't done on my case. I kept getting the run around and I called a dol in another county and they checked it for me and fixed it for me and that was like on a wednesday and they cut my checks that night and I received it on a saturday.... So let's keep checking everyday and calling those numbers everyday... I mean they have to know.... If anyone calls tomorrow ask them when they will start sending out the determination letters in the mail.
i've had like 40 weeks were it said not paid on monday night but on tues morning it had been fowarded to my acct--so i'm keepin the faith--and sure enuff on midnight tues it would be there

now we have all been told mid month for the money and 28 days from appl to get letter-
i just keep hoping every week it will show anyway

and skye-truly----and this is coming from someone that has felt ur tongue ---
i can think of other people on here that said we were getting the money on such and such day then that day came and went and we didnt get it and we didnt call them names

i dont want this thread closed down

Last edited by ginamae38; 06-08-2009 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 06-08-2009, 08:22 PM

175 posts, read 320,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamae38 View Post
i've had like 40 weeks were it said not paid on monday night but on tues morning it had been fowarded to my acct--so i'm keepin the faith--and sure enuff on midnight tues it would be there

now we have all been told mid month for the money and 28 days from appl to get letter-

and skye-truly----u dont know if he's lyin till tomorrow morning and this is coming from someone that has felt ur tongue ---

I wish I could be optimistic at this point, but I've never had it change from not paid to paid. Good thing we decided to move after all. At least when it comes, we'll have fat checks for the wait. I know it doesn't help those in dire straits. We still have my husbands unemployment to float us, but raising a family of 5 is hard on that tiny amount. We'll manage though.

I do encourage everyone to take advantage of the services offered in your county. Energy assistance (which we haven't had a return call about yet grr), Angel Food Ministries, Food Stamps...whatever you can do. Pride went out the window for us months ago, and we were a good two income family making over $4K a month prior to the economy diving. *sigh*

Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 PM

462 posts, read 886,043 times
The thing that scares me the most is that some of us may end up getting nothing..........then what????

Old 06-08-2009, 08:28 PM

461 posts, read 848,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamae38 View Post

and skye-truly----u dont know if he's lyin till tomorrow morning and this is coming from someone that has felt ur tongue ---

Well we will just have to wait and see.. Seems like that was said last week also and we didn't get paid. If he is not lying I will apologize to him just as I did to you. Funny how he hasn't been on since he said he was leaving..... So we shall see..
And no, we have not ALL been told mid- month for the money... You and gushion were told that. You even backed gushion up today by saying you were basically told the same thing... so which is it now or mid month. It changes from day to day.....
You have been told crap just like we have... crap is what it is. I think whoever your contact is is pulling your leg like they are pulling all of our legs.
I am not afraid to say I think gushion lied. I am not saying you are lying by no means, because I believe they told you what they say they told you, but it's no different than the crap they have been telling all of us.... and everyone I talked to couldn't give a date as to when... they say after the letter and most of that came from these so called higher-ups you say you have talked to and gushion said he had talked to. Just saying you know.
If I am wrong I have no problem saying I am wrong.. and will be more than glad to apologize.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 PM

309 posts, read 584,023 times
Default status changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyotosong View Post
I wish I could be optimistic at this point, but I've never had it change from not paid to paid. Good thing we decided to move after all. At least when it comes, we'll have fat checks for the wait. I know it doesn't help those in dire straits. We still have my husbands unemployment to float us, but raising a family of 5 is hard on that tiny amount. We'll manage though.

I do encourage everyone to take advantage of the services offered in your county. Energy assistance (which we haven't had a return call about yet grr), Angel Food Ministries, Food Stamps...whatever you can do. Pride went out the window for us months ago, and we were a good two income family making over $4K a month prior to the economy diving. *sigh*
i think mine did it cause it was interstate and the one state would kick it out cause i wasnt reporting but then georgia would pay it cause i was here reporting instead.

i got to have faith to go on cause its all i got left--we have less than 40 hrs left here before the sheriff shows up to throw us out-so i'm packin to go and i got 1 week at my daughters then if our money's not here on the 17th i guess i look for a shelter
ya know what really sux i had a call for an interview and i cant get a tire or gas to go
at this point they are costing me a job.this is the second interview i couldnt go to

Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 PM

29 posts, read 60,186 times
Well, I am waiting until after midnight to check. I pray all our status will change to paid. That is when it normally updates from my expereience.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 PM

41 posts, read 90,648 times
Be patient. . .the system changes from "not paid" to "Paid" or whatever at midnight. . .believe me I know. . .I waited until it changed when I was getting UI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or