Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:49 PM

160 posts, read 530,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
The letter you received you put on here, several days ago!

However it is not in effect yet!! As one of your Georgia posters points
out in their cry for help!! And which i pasted above.!

The link i placed was my Pennsylvania link which details E.B. since We already have E.B. and it answers the question about mailing, your cliam, mailing your job summaries and no online claims! These are my only points.

Now if GA decides to do it differently, so be it, but based on the states I have read, they are MAKING people file by mail, which is a lot longer then filing through the internet... ;-))

Also, the minimum wage requirement is also important! since E.B. is coming from the Federal Government, not the individual states.

good luck
Yeah, I think the Ga.requirements are going to be alittle different than Penn.'s, thanks for your input though, and Good Luck to you aswell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 06:51 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,126,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne georgia View Post
Yeah, I think the Ga.requirements are going to be alittle different than Penn.'s, thanks for your input though, and Good Luck to you aswell.

Sure!! Check back with us, when you know for sure about E.B. 1) Mailing in your claims;
2) Mailing in your Summaries;
3) Must take any job paying minimum wage or above!

Tell me if GA is able to change Federal law... i will be very interested.

Cheers!

Old 05-13-2009, 06:59 PM

461 posts, read 944,961 times
Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate your research, but are you quoting the letter sent out by the Ga. DOL, or from another state?
Montanaskye07 is quoting the Ga.DOL letter sent out on the 8th.
I am quoting my letter I received from the Georgia Department of Labor. It came from Atlanta Georgia. They only send them out to the ones that are eligible for it.
It also states that on April 21, 2009 the law was signed by the governor. This law establishes SEB eligibility for individuals who have exhausted all regular UI and emergency unemployment compensation, first and second tier on or after Feb. 15. 2009.
Everything I posted came from that letter from the Georgia Department of Labor......

Old 05-13-2009, 07:03 PM

461 posts, read 944,961 times
Quote:
Yes, Georgia's requirements are different than those from Penn. I called the Ga department of labor today and they explained it would be just like it was when you were drawing the 1st and 2nd tier benefits. You apply online, you certify each week on line or on the oliver system. You keep up with your job searches.
I did all that on the first and second tier benefits. Kept up with job searches and all and was never called in once to bring the information to the office. The GA department of Labor said they would be calling people in to verify they are looking for jobs under this new benefit plan more. It would be random callings.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:08 PM

15 posts, read 56,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Hello all and sundry,

If you, people from i don't know where dont' appreciate the research which is always linked to a government source or an alternate source, dont' appreciate my help! I will stop helping! Since i really don't give two toots what happens in georgia, michigan or new york!

good luck!

PS. yes i am correct about the 1) minimum wage requirment, 2) the mailing in your summaries, the mailing of your claim, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3) but i am wrong about the 10 job searches per week, i.e. 2 per day!! It is only 2 per week!!

good luck!

Hey there, I think you should go back and re-read what the letter says (what you posted). The word "and" in that list of 3 things is VERY important. If the and were an "or" you would be correct. In this case, I am sorry but you are wrong.

The job must pay min wage, and be more than your UI amount.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,126,350 times
In the end who cares, since one way or another you will find out the answer to your questions!! With a heads up or a heads in the sand!! ;-)

lol!!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaskye07 View Post
Yes, Georgia's requirements are different than those from Penn. I called the Ga department of labor today and they explained it would be just like it was when you were drawing the 1st and 2nd tier benefits. You apply online, you certify each week on line or on the oliver system. You keep up with your job searches.
I did all that on the first and second tier benefits. Kept up with job searches and all and was never called in once to bring the information to the office. The GA department of Labor said they would be calling people in to verify they are looking for jobs under this new benefit plan more. It would be random callings.

In your letter, did it say anything about appeals ?

Old 05-14-2009, 02:53 PM

309 posts, read 649,448 times
each state has the authority to do it how they wish... henceforth it is SEB (state extended benefits).
in ga there are no mail ins,
it is 2 per week job contacts on two different days.
You will get your money mid june
if you apply online on 5/22 and on 5/31 certify for that week and the week previous which was 5/24. there is no retro.It is payable 5/24 on.
it will be for 80% of your orginial claim or 20 weeks whichever is the lesser.
I was at the dol monday of this week to start a new benefit year and it was explained to me.
we will get our money before our determiniation letter as they only mailed letters to those who qualify.
nothing mentioned anywhere about appeals.
you qualify if you exhausted on 2/15/09 or after.
i brought my job search with me and they didnt want to see it.
good luck

Old 05-14-2009, 03:35 PM

29 posts, read 66,181 times
I exhausted my benefits in mid April. I wonder why I haven't received the SEB letter. Has anyone else not received the letter who should qualify?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafolston View Post
I exhausted my benefits in mid April. I wonder why I haven't received the SEB letter. Has anyone else not received the letter who should qualify?
Shouldn't the GADOL headquarters have a list of people eligible. I would keep calling the reps until they put you through to someone that has that info, like a supervisor, someone that works for the DOL has that info on their computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment