U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:35 PM

209 posts, read 510,453 times

Advertisements

I know there was a lot of talk elsewhere about the letter that went out, so I thought it might help some if I posted a summary of mine here. It arrived today. I also hope I don't get in trouble for this (it's clearly a form letter). Good luck to all job seekers!

NOTICE OF STATE EXTENDED BENEFITS [SEB]

On April 21, 2009, state legislation authorizing payment of State Extended Benefits [SEB] was signed into law by the Governor. This law establishes SEB eligibility for individuals who have exhausted all regular Unemployment Insurance [UI] and Emergency Unemployment Compensation [EUC], First and Second Tiers on or after February 15, 2009.

The first payable week is hte claim week beginning May 24, 2009. The weekly benefit will be the same as the WBA allowed on your most recent regular claim... lesser of 80% of total max benefit amount up to 20 weeks, or 20 times the weekly benefit amount.

Eligibility will be determined based on the information provided in a completed SEB application. The online SEB app will be available May 22.

Within 28 days you will receive a determination. You may certify beginning May 31, 2009 for the first payable week.

AVAILABILITY AND WORK SEARCH REQUIREMENTS FOR SEB ARE MORE STRINGENT THAN FOR OTHER UI PROGRAMS.
(This paragraph basically continues to say you must submit work search evidence, at least 2 employers per week on two different days, every time you certify).

Being enrolled in IAA (trade adjustment assistance) training or GDOL approved training programs excludes you from work search requirements.

Hope this helps somebody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 04:12 PM

2,365 posts, read 9,936,165 times
It will help people, Cbreeze!! Thanks!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:05 PM

111 posts, read 240,180 times
I'm still in Tier 2 which ends the May 18th. I wonder if I'll get that letter then (after I've exhausted EUC)? Anyway, thx for posting that!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:09 PM

285 posts, read 582,397 times
I received the same letter stating exactly what cbreeze22 has shared. Thanks so much!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 27,004 times
Are you saying that you must contact 2 employers while on seb? I'm am not on seb yet and have been only contacting one per week.Thanx

Old 05-12-2009, 03:59 PM

you must contact two employers per week after certifying for that week if you are receiving extended benefits. Make sure you are documenting each contact that is made. They are saying that this procedure is more stringent than EUC and regular unemployment but it seems to be the same as always because we have always had to turn in our green sheets with the contact information on them. They may monitor closer to be sure we are actually looking for work but who isn't at this time since they lag so far in between the times we can collect benefits.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:05 PM

A few words of caution Skynrdfanforever add a few more contacts per week two more will not harm you because you never know when you will be call in for an audit of your records. I did at least three per week while I received regular benefits and EUC because some people at the DOL are just mean spirited and treat you as if it is their money.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:37 PM

41 posts, read 111,223 times
So do this mean Ga trigger is on???

Old 05-12-2009, 07:03 PM

2,365 posts, read 9,936,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blromious View Post
you must contact two employers per week after certifying for that week if you are receiving extended benefits. Make sure you are documenting each contact that is made. They are saying that this procedure is more stringent than EUC and regular unemployment but it seems to be the same as always because we have always had to turn in our green sheets with the contact information on them. They may monitor closer to be sure we are actually looking for work but who isn't at this time since they lag so far in between the times we can collect benefits.

No!! it is not 2 employers per week, BUt 2 employers per day!! That is 10 per week and 20 biweekly.

Apply to the jobs on your state "career ONE STOP" this will make it easier to verify your job search efforts.

Print them up with the job ID number and descrip and mail them off. The mailing is only required if you are on "EB"

good luck!!

ps. Also the rules are lowered!! You only need to find a job paying minimum wage, NOT your recent wage or 80 percent your recent wage!!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 PM

Please forgive me if I made a mistake but the letter states that you must submit work search evidence, at least two employers per week on two different days, every time you certify. Now I really need some clarity because I do not wish to be left out before I get started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment