Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 16,187 times

Advertisements

My previous employer is appealing my unemployment benefits because I was fired to do excessive tardiness. I was a hard worker that gave 100% customer service. My reviews were excellent although I did not always make sales goals but gave them many new loyalty card members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 04:30 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,466,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby77 View Post
My previous employer is appealing my unemployment benefits because I was fired to do excessive tardiness. I was a hard worker that gave 100% customer service. My reviews were excellent although I did not always make sales goals but gave them many new loyalty card members.
Excessive tardiness falls under the category of misconduct. Was it a few minutes late or 15 minutes to half hour or more late one or two days each week? Did your employer give you repeated warnings about this, saying you were subject to termination if no improvement shown? If so and they can document it, you don't have much of a rebuttal.

On the other hand, if this was something they tolerated for years and then fired you abruptly, you might (remote) have a case - albeit a very weak one.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,974,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby77 View Post
Excessive tardiness is a violation of company policy. Repeated violations of company policy are generally regarded as misconduct -- which means that you are held responsible for your termination.

Depending upon your state, they may determine that you are ineligible for any unemployment benefits -- or they may determine that you may collect benefits after a brief penalty period of several weeks. Check your state UI website for more details about the terms under which you were terminated.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:40 PM

3 posts, read 18,628 times
I need any suggestions on winning my unemployment appeal. I was initially denied but I sent in a letter with documentation not only showing I was not only being set up for termination but documentation that employer lied. It was denied again! What more do I have to prove?

Old 07-22-2011, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 15,763 times
Hi everyone. I was working for a company wich the owner had it in for me. She had cat's all over the place and I had allergies to them, she made me clean after them and I made the mistake on telling her nephew that I did not want to do it. She was a perfectionist and wanted the same for me so she always found mistakes to give me less hours. During my hours my boss would have interviews in front of me for a position at work. She kept doing this for a period of time till she did not schedule me in to work anymore. A week had gone by and I called during the week to talk to her and her nephew told me she was busy. I decided to show up at work to talk to her and to my surprise they where training someone for my position. My boss was in the back office and I told the nephew If I could speak with her and he said she was busy. I was upset and before I walked out I told him that I quit. I had my phone interview with UI and they said thay my employer sent them a letter that I had quit so I got denied. I tried to explain to her that I was replaced before I even quit. All she put down on the denial papers I recived was that I had quit. Not fair. I need to appeal this.

What do you think?

Old 10-17-2011, 06:34 AM

1 posts, read 15,582 times
My hearing appeal is Wednesday the 19th. I was forced to quit due to long hours 9 - 10 without breaks. Not even a potty break on some days because I was the only leader in store with one other part time employee, who was 75 years old handicapped and did not cashier either. The company has policy that a leader must be on floor at all times, therefore i risked being written up if I did leave the floor for any type of break. That is the basic charge. Others include management by intimidation for example: District Manager telling me and 3 others that, she could be our best friend or our worst enemy. Also, charge of not accommodating me and other employee with tolerable working conditions/schedules in order to complete a task. This also involved the 75 year old employee. On this occasion, she fixed the problem/schedule after I already emailed her my letter that stated this is enough and has taken it's toll on me and I'm resigning. I sent documentation, but most documentation lies within the company time/payroll records. There are other awful things of employee reviews being forged that i stumbled upon.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 15,410 times
I am going through a very stressful time I was denied unemployment because my employer said I voluntarily left which was not true I was asked to leave two days in a row....so i reached out to unemployment now I have to appeal am a wreck..

Old 01-16-2012, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 15,401 times
Default I won my appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneleigh View Post
Not sure about that but, I won my appeal and then the EDD appealed the appeal....Today i received my decision which states I won...so is that it?
I can finally get my claim? Or do you think I will get same ole bullsh*t again? This has been delayed it 6 months now!!

I received a letter from the CUIAB stating I had won my second level appeal.. now what happens? as benefits are payable through EDD. I haven't been unable to get through the EDD telephone. I began this process like 7months ago and tired of this bs.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:28 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,466,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascarajunkee View Post
I received a letter from the CUIAB stating I had won my second level appeal.. now what happens? as benefits are payable through EDD. I haven't been unable to get through the EDD telephone. I began this process like 7months ago and tired of this bs.
EDD is closed today. Call on Tuesday, get a direct fax no. to a specific person. Fax a copy of your decision letter. They might (unlikely) be able to expedite payment. Normally in CA you will wait a few weeks, if not longer, before payments are made. If this has been seven months, you may not get all your money at once. Keep on top of it. The paperwork does not flow down the channels that quickly. You will need to nag them.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:55 PM

3 posts, read 18,568 times
I had my appeals hearing last Friday, and after getting unemployment for three months, they reversed their previous decision and now i have to pay back everything that I got over that time. I can't find a job, so good luck finding wages to garnish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment