U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-02-2009, 04:46 PM

42 posts, read 432,744 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has any advise on this. I live in South Carolina and recently filed for unemployment. I received the letter stating I was disqualified because I am not available for work during my "normal hours." (I used to work at insurance company from 9-6). I am a full time student which is why they say I am not available to work. However, the only day of the week I am not available to work is Thursday because I am there until the afternoon. Tuesday I'm there until noon. The rest of the week I am only there until 8:50 am. I have applied for all kinds of jobs, even waitressing which I did years ago, and those are night shifts so they do not interfere with school whatsoever. I'm just wondering if this seems like an appeal I would have a shot at winning, because if not it would seem pointless. I am definatly available for work, just not my old schedule. Does anyone have any advise on filing an appeal (and winning) in SC? Or a similar situation? Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 05:08 PM

23,990 posts, read 32,322,325 times
Unless you obtained the student waiver, you can't claim. You aren't available your normal work hours, which were days.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:54 PM

2 posts, read 6,562 times
Anyone out there familiar with unemployment appeal in SC concerning accidental sale of alcohol to a minor (during a "sting" with Sledge)...!!

Old 02-14-2011, 05:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,562 times
Anyone out there familiar with unemployment appeal in SC concerning accidental sale of alcohol to a minor (during a "sting" with Sledge)...

Old 02-01-2012, 12:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,616 times
i was discharged from employment 11/2010, after thirteen years of employment. i filed for unemployment compensation, completed the forms, and attached my arguments. i received award letter from unemployment compensation; siting 402, unable to show willful intent and am currently receiving unemplyment. What does that actually mean.... I was fired, laid off, or what. I cant explain to potential employers the reason why, after 13 years at one job, why i am no longer there...

Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,616 times
i was discharged from employment 11/2010, after thirteen years of employment. i filed for unemployment compensation, completed the forms, and attached my arguments. i received award letter from unemployment compensation; siting 402, unable to show willful intent. What does that actually mean.... I was fired, laid off, or what. I cant explain to potential employers the reason why, after 13 years at one job, why i am no longer there...

Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 PM

5,559 posts, read 10,603,368 times
sounds to me like you didn't willfully do what the employer may have been accusing you of; or that the accusation wasn't means to deny benefits.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:22 PM

14,380 posts, read 19,160,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingly unemployed View Post
i was discharged from employment 11/2010, after thirteen years of employment. i filed for unemployment compensation, completed the forms, and attached my arguments. i received award letter from unemployment compensation; siting 402, unable to show willful intent. What does that actually mean.... I was fired, laid off, or what. I cant explain to potential employers the reason why, after 13 years at one job, why i am no longer there...
What does 402 have to do with what you tell prospective employers? They have no access to your unemployment claim.

Why don't you tell us what type of work you did and why you were discharged. We can't help you if we don't know why you were let go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment